Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D "Estimated delivery by late September"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, new to this forum here. I came in right in time for the cluster that was the end of third quarter for Tesla. The “delivery hell.” Had a scheduled delivery for this last Friday which was cancelled the night before. I did have a VIN assigned. They told me that the car did not make it in time for delivery to be able to happen. Then Friday my VIN disappeared and the delivery date went back to “by November.” I spoke with my IDA in Vegas who was actually helpful and maintained good communication with me throughout. He set up another delivery date for me this coming Friday, 10/5, but did not know if I would have a car or not for that date. His thought was that if he put in another date, this would force the delivery people to get a car for me? Low and behold, another VIN did show up on my account on Saturday, 9/29. So maybe this strategy will work? I am not holding my breath though. Guess I will see by this coming Friday. In the meantime, I gotta somehow get all my financing set up and ready to go again. What a pain.

Just to update. Tesla did come through. Picked up the car this past Friday just as planned. Really no issues with the car I could find. The delivery guy told me that he honestly hasn’t seen a better put together Model 3. I have to agree. At least from what I have seen here on forums. Anyways, taking it for tint and PPF today so will see what an expert says about the paint. Lol.