Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May Reject MXP Delivery Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks sick. I didn't know you can reject first two VINs and get 3rd VIN. I thought Test only gives you one chance to reject, next one you must take delivery or they cancel your order.
Thanks. Hoping when it’s finished it will be a bit more unique! And yes you’re correct. Historically you can only reject one VIN. With that said, if you see enough things that bother you and are polite about your issues, I’m sure they occasionally make exceptions.

Thanks. Hoping when it’s finished it will be a bit more unique! And yes you’re correct. Historically you can only reject one VIN. With that said, if you see enough things that bother you and are polite about your issues, I’m sure they occasionally make exceptions.
I felt the same way when I rejected the first VIN. The first time I rejected they told me the system only allowed for 2 VINs to be assigned to a given order. However, later while I was waiting for another VIN to be assigned, I asked about if there's obvious issues with the 2nd VIN, if I could still rejected it. Their answer, or lack of confirming that my order would be cancelled if rejected a 2nd time saying that "let's see when you get the vehicle" , gave me the impression that there's room for the delivery service rep to take that issues into account...especially if it's an obvious defect.

Car is in the shop for PPF/tint/ceramic! And I ordered the TSV wheels from Tsportline. I think it’s going to look great!

Attachments

• IMG_7020.jpeg
    IMG_7020.jpeg
    483.5 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: awd_rails
I find myself struggling with the same imperfections (2016 Model X) and decided to go with the S 2 years later and my ownership experience has been much better with it than that of all earlier ICE cars. Much of that I have attributed to the car and Tesla’s ecosystem. I now find myself on the wait list for the new X (with the FUSC transfer) and have come (I think) to terms with wider tolerance / bigger gaps associated with motorized / moving parts. I can ignore the looks as long as they function properly. I don’t think there will be another car with all four doors motorized.

I find myself struggling with the same imperfections (2016 Model X) and decided to go with the S 2 years later and my ownership experience has been much better with it than that of all earlier ICE cars. Much of that I have attributed to the car and Tesla’s ecosystem. I now find myself on the wait list for the new X (with the FUSC transfer) and have come (I think) to terms with wider tolerance / bigger gaps associated with motorized / moving parts. I can ignore the looks as long as they function properly. I don’t think there will be another car with all four doors motorized.
Ah I see what you mean now! Yes it’s a tough balance for sure - especially when you critique details that many will ignore. I’m OCD and will lose sleep over little things like this. With that said, I too have come to terms with Tesla and I value a lot of what they offer. Now that we have one ICE and an X, it truly is the best of both worlds.

I agree.. My wife's Mercedes would not load carplay with the USB cable plugged in. I asked for a software update at the $300 oil change and they said it wasn't possible even thought international users had a newer software version. 2 years later an automatic OTA update happened and now Carplay works. I'm actually ok with Tesla's poor panel gaps and plain interior rather than the disco ball Mercedes has going on. She never uses MBUX anyways

Weird. I had a Mercedes and they loaded up updated software anytime I serviced the car, assuming one was available. Granted, their software is like a 1990's Nokia phone experience compared to Tesla's polished software. It was a car that was a few years old, but the difference was so jarring when I made the switch.

Weird. I had a Mercedes and they loaded up updated software anytime I serviced the car, assuming one was available. Granted, their software is like a 1990's Nokia phone experience compared to Tesla's polished software. It was a car that was a few years old, but the difference was so jarring when I made the switch.
One part of the software that the traditional manufacturers typically will not load up for free was the navigation map update. Would always charge ~$300-$500 just to update the map to the latest.

Reactions: MikeChicago
One part of the software that the traditional manufacturers typically will not load up for free was the navigation map update. Would always charge ~$300-$500 just to update the map to the latest.

Yes, that is true!
I had to pay for mine annually if I wanted an update. I didn't. Our new house didn't exist when we bought it, so I did finally update it that year. Got tired of having to navigate to our neighbor's house 😆

• Funny
Reactions: awd_rails
HAPPY TO REPORT THAT I TOOK DELIVERY OF MY MODEL X PLAID TODAY!!!! The 3rd VIN was PERFECT. Fitment was one of the best I've seen!

Car is now with my detailer and will be wrapped Chalk Gray and ceramic coated. Probably upgrading to the T Sportline 22in TSV wheels as well, for a subtle yet classy change. Stoked!
I think the Plaid badge is on upside down...... Joking... congrats.. looks like my X order will be a 2024 at this point. I got blue, cause white makes the X look bloated. That car is a Chicago car, in a year you are going to have 100's of imperfections, from road salt, grime, etc... hopefully the wrap will help some, but it doesn't protect the undercarriage or suspension components...

I think the Plaid badge is on upside down...... Joking... congrats.. looks like my X order will be a 2024 at this point. I got blue, cause white makes the X look bloated. That car is a Chicago car, in a year you are going to have 100's of imperfections, from road salt, grime, etc... hopefully the wrap will help some, but it doesn't protect the undercarriage or suspension components...
Thanks! And I’m in CA so I don’t have a lot of the same weather issues etc. Are you in Chicago? And are you considering PPF?

Are you picking up in Westmont?
I'll be there today. They said Chicagoland area pick ups of the Model X / S are only done at that location. Have you done it before? I found that to be a weird policy. We'll see how everything goes.

Yes, that is true!
I had to pay for mine annually if I wanted an update. I didn't. Our new house didn't exist when we bought it, so I did finally update it that year. Got tired of having to navigate to our neighbor's house 😆

I had to look close to see that I didn't write that years ago when I drove a '12 Volt in 2015. The road going by our apartments had been renamed from 9th street number to Veterans Blvd, and the side roads leading to our apartment didn't exist. Nav thought I was off-roading anywhere in our neighborhood. I had to buy a maps dvd from GM to update it, then it was better, but still out-of-date. I love Tesla's idea of free map updates.