Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D is... slow?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought that getting a P3D+ was the way to go hence I went to drive test one with the intention of trading in my RWD but even so, the feeling wasn't quite the same as the P85D insane mode... P3D felt quick but not as quick mind blowing as P85D hence why I decided not to pull the trigger on the P3D+ even with the lower price (plus extra discounts.

Something to consider... I have a RWD LR 3 and went in to test drive a P3D+. The car was certainly faster than mine... but I noticed it was only charged to 30% when the test drive started. That would certainly put a damper on the impression of speed.

Something to consider... I have a RWD LR 3 and went in to test drive a P3D+. The car was certainly faster than mine... but I noticed it was only charged to 30% when the test drive started. That would certainly put a damper on the impression of speed.

The one I test drove was around 70% or so. Even with 30%, the P85D felt extremely faster haha, the only downside is that, for my commute, it will drain around 50% of the battery in one way, but it will be a hell of a drive haha.

I may get one instead of P3D+ as weekend car in couple years probably...

You don't know how fast a 3P is until:

1 - You sit as a passenger with no steering wheel to hold on to.

2 - You sit in a Volt and get burned bad by a Model X. You sit in a Model X and get burned bad by a 3PD.

3 - All the M3s, AMGs drive aggressive around you. UNTIL they see red calipers. They drive like Corollas after that. Though of course 3P- doesn't telegraph that aspect hah.

Believe me the 3P is fast, you just don't feel it due to the effects of time dilation and relativity. ;)

I kinda like the fact that I got the "stealth" variant. No red calipers. Same straight-line speed. :cool:

Reactions: Jtt777