Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D vs AWDLR highway range is the same?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the Performance was slightly less efficient, but this table shows the same (given same wheels)

Tesla Range Table - Teslike.com
Thats right. The consensus is that given the same wheels; those two cars should perform identically on range; as other than software; they are identical cars (with some motors being "binned" on the P, and potentially some different struts that lower the P by 1cm)

Fair logic, but the performance upgrade pack requires larger wheels due to the brakes

Yeah, I was presuming a P model without the upgrade pack i.e. on standard 18" or 19" wheels. The 20" wheels with sticky performance tyres are clearly less efficient and 18" aeros most efficient. But in any case, it's the wheel/tyre choice that's critical here in terms of range when comparing LR AWD with P model.

Yeah, I was presuming a P model without the upgrade pack i.e. on standard 18" or 19" wheels. The 20" wheels with sticky performance tyres are clearly less efficient and 18" aeros most efficient. But in any case, it's the wheel/tyre choice that's critical here in terms of range when comparing LR AWD with P model.

But the P without the upgrade pack didn't get the lower suspension either