Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ Wheel setup Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Need some help. I have a p3d that I am going to go with a staggered setup. I am not going to take it autoX but I will be taking it to the drag strip. this is also my daily driver. this is what I'm thinking.

For the rear I will go with 20x10 with 275/30/r20 tires. for the fronts I will go with 20x9.5 wheels unless you guys think that is too wide. for tires I will initially use the stock p4s tires for the front as per Michelin they can go up to a 9.5 inch wheel but once I need new tires for the front I will also go with 275/30/r20 to match the rear. per Michelin that size is good for a 9 to 10 inch wide wheel.

As far as offset i'm not sure what to go with. I have been working with John from getyourwheels.com who has been helping me out but I wanted your guys opinion as well.

Hello,

Need some help. I have a p3d that I am going to go with a staggered setup. I am not going to take it autoX but I will be taking it to the drag strip. this is also my daily driver. this is what I'm thinking.

For the rear I will go with 20x10 with 275/30/r20 tires. for the fronts I will go with 20x9.5 wheels unless you guys think that is too wide. for tires I will initially use the stock p4s tires for the front as per Michelin they can go up to a 9.5 inch wheel but once I need new tires for the front I will also go with 275/30/r20 to match the rear. per Michelin that size is good for a 9 to 10 inch wide wheel.

As far as offset i'm not sure what to go with. I have been working with John from getyourwheels.com who has been helping me out but I wanted your guys opinion as well.

My opinion - that's a silly staggered setup. Why do a staggered rim size, if you're using the same tire? Most staggered setups are 9" up front and 10-10.5" out back. If you're going to run the same size tire, you might as well do a square setup. A 9.5" wide wheel is fine up front if you've got the right offset. Same with a 10", but it gets tighter depending on tire and suspension setup.

I think it's best to keep a square setup for handling, but the staggered look does look nice with a wide rear tire.

Read through some of the wheel threads to get an idea of what works. There's plenty of information available. You can also have the vendor send you pictures of installs, since I know they've supplied many owners here.

Keep in mind that you'll need to make sure the wheels that you get fit the special hub profile of the P3D+.

Thanks for your response. Reason why I was going to go with the 275 tire in the rear is so there isn't a big difference between that and the stock 235 tires. I wanted to reuse that for now. They only have about 2000 miles on them so they are like new.

Hello,

Wont using the stock tires mean you have a different diameter tire in the front than the back? Does that matter on AWD electric cars?

Best bet for performance is to go square 9.5" width wheel all around with a 265/35/19 or 265/30/20 tire. You can fit 275's too with the right offset up front.

If you really want staggered, stick with 8.5" up front and 9.5" in rear, which is what I'm currently running for street use.

Best bet for performance is to go square 9.5" width wheel all around with a 265/35/19 or 265/30/20 tire. You can fit 275's too with the right offset up front.

If you really want staggered, stick with 8.5" up front and 9.5" in rear, which is what I'm currently running for street use.

thanks for your response. one of the cool things about the 275/30/20 tires are that they make them with Tesla foam now. unless its a mistake on tireracks website.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...PS4SXLAC&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I really wanted to initially use my stock 235/35/20 tires as they are like new but now i'm thinking that its not a good idea to stretch them to 9.5 inches wide.

another question. if I went with 9x20 up front and 10x20 in the rear. would I still be okay using 235/30/r20's in the front? for the rear I think i'll stick with 10 and go 275/30/r20
Yes, you can run 235 on 9J wheel. However, it would be better to run 235/35/20, which is the same as factory wheel diameter(672.5mm) and also the diameter of the rear will be similar 275/30/20 (673mm)

235/35-20 and 275/30-20 is a nice factory combo for the drag strip and for daily driving

Wheel: M3115 Forged
Size: 20x8.5" front, 20x10.0" rear
Finish: Matte Black
Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/35-20" front, 275/30-20" rear
Other: Uses factory lug nuts & our matte black lug nut covers, accepts factory center cap, uses original TPMS

satin-black-tesla-model-3-performance-m3115-20-inch-forged-wheels-matte-wm-1.jpg
satin-black-tesla-model-3-performance-m3115-20-inch-forged-wheels-matte-wm-6.jpg

Reactions: Johnabis
235/35-20 and 275/30-20 is a nice factory combo for the drag strip and for daily driving

Wheel: M3115 Forged
Size: 20x8.5" front, 20x10.0" rear
Finish: Matte Black
Tires: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/35-20" front, 275/30-20" rear
Other: Uses factory lug nuts & our matte black lug nut covers, accepts factory center cap, uses original TPMS

View attachment 387680 View attachment 387681
If I order for the performance version, does it adapt the P3D+ center hub lip? Is the offset correct?