Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine still shows Aug-Oct, so I imagine you will still be in the early cars for the unicorn config if you're a day 1 line waiter who had access in May.

I hope so, but I wonder why they would even take the time to update my delivery window online if there wasn't some shred of truth in it. My reservation is under a current owner who is a family member, but I am dying to get this car as it will be my first Tesla.

I am in the same boat with the exception of being a previous owner. I did about the same steps you did with the configuration but I made my last change on July 14th to final P3D+ Black Interior with Blue paint. My timeline says Aug-Oct. IMHO, I think your car will be delivered about the same time as mine despite your later configuration. Tysons has the slowest delivery time according to the sampling from the community spreadsheets so we have that to look forward to.

I also just found out today from Tyco rd. location that since I want to have the car registered in PA, I will have to drive to Philly to take delivery there... yuck. They said hold tight until I get a VIN and then I should work with my delivery agent to figure it out.

I hope so, but I wonder why they would even take the time to update my delivery window online if there wasn't some shred of truth in it. My reservation is under a current owner who is a family member, but I am dying to get this car as it will be my first Tesla.

I also just found out today from Tyco rd. location that since I want to have the car registered in PA, I will have to drive to Philly to take delivery there... yuck. They said hold tight until I get a VIN and then I should work with my delivery agent to figure it out.
You may end up getting your VIN after it has been shipped to Birmingham, AL. Hopefully, the Birmingham AL stop also services Philly as well as DC; otherwise, it would make more sense for Tesla to ship you a different VIN.

The black/black P3D+ may be part of the obsidian black pearl batch that was recently kicked off, just like Fred’s car from Electrek. Hoping that means other batches (colors) of black interior P3D+ cars are getting kicked off soon as well!

If you look very carefully at the model 3 delivery estimator spreadsheet, very few PERF cars were estimated to be made in July. It estimates only ~134 cars (we know that 100 red/white-interior cars were allocated to show rooms)

Model 3 Delivery Estimator

However, starting in August, the production of PERF cars shifts into high gear. I think it's just a matter of not making very many of them (at all) until August. I am encouraged by the estimate that Tesla will make 7500 perf models by the end of September (1000 cars per week, every week, August & September), however, I cannot understand how they can get 7500 two-sigma main motors to make these cars ... That would imply total production of 166,000 cars in August & September (impossible!) Perhaps some of the Perfs will just barely make it 0-60 in 3.5s because they will have average motors? According to the estimator, 7% of people ordered perf (at my company its 5%) and 2 sigma is 4.5%.

Normal distribution - Wikipedia

Last edited:
So I got the "I am excited to inform you that your model 3 is almost ready to be delivered" email today.

I find that a bit odd as I ordered it on July 31st, and I haven't even decided whether I want the P-AWD or just AWD. Well okay, I know which one I want but there is that internal conflict between good and evil. I ordered it with the assumption I could simply change it after I test drove the P.

The edit button is gone, but the delivery info is still showing as between Oct, and Dec.

So my question is which is more accurate? I did email the DS, but they haven't gotten back to me.

I'd prefer to get the car earlier as I have a resale guarantee on my S that's expiring soon. That plus the sales tax savings makes it easier unless someone wants to pay a little over $50K for my well optioned 2015 70D with almost 40K miles with tires at the last 2K miles of their useful life. My plan was getting tires in Oct if I kept the car.

So I got the "I am excited to inform you that your model 3 is almost ready to be delivered" email today.

I find that a bit odd as I ordered it on July 31st, and I haven't even decided whether I want the P-AWD or just AWD. Well okay, I know which one I want but there is that internal conflict between good and evil. I ordered it with the assumption I could simply change it after I test drove the P.

The edit button is gone, but the delivery info is still showing as between Oct, and Dec.

So my question is which is more accurate? I did email the DS, but they haven't gotten back to me.

I'd prefer to get the car earlier as I have a resale guarantee on my S that's expiring soon. That plus the tax savings makes it easier unless someone wants to pay a little over $50K for my well optioned 2015 70D with almost 40K miles with tires at the end of their useful life.

what's your config? assuming it's the Black/P+ (considering this thread)?

what's your config? assuming it's the Black/P+ (considering this thread)?

Oops, apparently I screwed up on my thread selection. I didn't see that it drilled down so far.

I'm a disgraceful trader that went with a white interior this time around. I've never had white before, and I think I've lost my mind.

The configuration is Deep Blue Metallic, Performance package, and white interior.

Oops, apparently I screwed up on my thread selection. I didn't see that it drilled down so far.

I'm a disgraceful trader that went with a white interior this time around. I've never had white before, and I think I've lost my mind.

The configuration is Deep Blue Metallic, Performance package, and white interior.

GET OUT OF HERE!!!! BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

hope you enjoy your car ;)