Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious -- how many of you with P3D+/black interior have delivery estimates that aren't Sep/18-Nov/18?

I'm an odd bird in that my order was messed up when I placed it (along with at least one other person who placed his order at the same time). At the time of my order, I had a ~2-4 month estimate in the configurator (placing it at end of Aug to end of Oct), but none ever appeared on my "Your Telsa" page. Tesla fixed my order at the end of July, and then an estimate of Sep/18-Nov/18 appeared.

Just wondering if that estimate was derived from the wheel/interior combination.

Curious -- how many of you with P3D+/black interior have delivery estimates that aren't Sep/18-Nov/18?

I'm an odd bird in that my order was messed up when I placed it (along with at least one other person who placed his order at the same time). At the time of my order, I had a ~2-4 month estimate in the configurator (placing it at end of Aug to end of Oct), but none ever appeared on my "Your Telsa" page. Tesla fixed my order at the end of July, and then an estimate of Sep/18-Nov/18 appeared.

Just wondering if that estimate was derived from the wheel/interior combination.

You will find most people in this club have an Aug/Oct delivery with P3D+ with black interior. I’ll bet you got bumped a couple weeks because of the glitch in your order and the first 90day que filled in fast and you may have just missed it.

You will find most people in this club have an Aug/Oct delivery with P3D+ with black interior. I’ll bet you got bumped a couple weeks because of the glitch in your order and the first 90day que filled in fast and you may have just missed it.

I chatted with someone a couple of weeks ago, and after some investigation, they claimed (in a e-mail later in the day):

However, we want to assure you that we go by the original date you placed your order, which is reflecting June 27, 2018. It looks like we are still within the original estimated delivery time frame of 2-4 months.

for whatever that's worth. I don't really have any non-anecdotal insight into how they queue production or match up purchasers. I just wondered if the Sep/Nov thing was actually a realistic estimate of when they planned on producing that configuration.

I chatted with someone a couple of weeks ago, and after some investigation, they claimed (in a e-mail later in the day):

However, we want to assure you that we go by the original date you placed your order, which is reflecting June 27, 2018. It looks like we are still within the original estimated delivery time frame of 2-4 months.

for whatever that's worth. I don't really have any non-anecdotal insight into how they queue production or match up purchasers. I just wondered if the Sep/Nov thing was actually a realistic estimate of when they planned on producing that configuration.
IIRC, it was 2-4 months initially, then in mid-July it dropped to 1-3 months, but only for a week or two. Then it went back to 2-4 months, where it's staying now.

Please do! The sanity of several of us on the board may depend on it.
Mine does NOT. My spouse advises me I have long since lost my mind with my Tesla obsession, which has become far worse now that I have a possibly mythical P3D+ in MCR and black interior in my demented vision. :eek:

Model 3
Solid Black
Performance Dual Motor
Black Interior
EAP
Performance Upgrade

Location: Madison WI (will take delivery at Highland Park in Chicago)

No VIN, No Contact w anyone from Tesla through email or phone. Order “electronically accepted” 7/3/2018, no changes made since.

I ordered during the short time period in July that listed a “1-3 Month Delivery” time for the Model 3PD, as someone mentioned this was changed from 2-4 months to 1-3 for a short while, which is what induced me to pull the trigger when I did. Free premium connectivity wasn’t enough, and I was unaware of the SC offer at the time, as it didn’t exist yet.

Since I configured (put my $2500 down) on 7/3, 6 weeks has passed with no contact, kind of frustrating, but I do know the combination I picked has been the one that they haven’t produced yet (go figure).

Order placed 8/1 NY, no reservation
Black Performance AWD
Black interior
Performance package
EAP

Delivery window Oct-Dec
Selling my BMW this weekend...crossing my fingers it’s sooner rather than later.
I hope you have another car :) I'll be keeping my BMW until all post-delivery issues (if any) have been straightened out, PPF, ceramic coating, and tint have been applied, and interior have been re-upholstered.

Found another variation of the configuration chart:

pubchart

• Informative
Reactions: jbcarioca
Order placed 8/1 NY, no reservation
Black Performance AWD
Black interior
Performance package
EAP

Delivery window Oct-Dec
Selling my BMW this weekend...crossing my fingers it’s sooner rather than later.
I sold my P85D also, too soon. OTOH, I sold my 421 before I took delivery on the F90-1 I bought to replace it, and that worked out well. It remains to be seen whether this one will...

M3P
blue / black int
P upgrade
FSD

bad news:
went with my buddy and his wife to pick up their 3rd and 4th teslas last night (mt kisco - nyc area)
he got P loaded w/ white interior (traded 2012 S)

she got white AWD

while waiting, i had the guy look in the DB for me, and he had NO news of when mine would be in production. he looked at a field called ‘end of line’ or something like that and said if that field contained info i’d be about 2 weeks away from delivery.

good news; they love their cars. also today, just went for a quick romp in our other friends P w/ white int (he picked up saturday in manhasset). told him to hold back bc i want to be surprised when i drive mine the first time...

it was uncomfortably quick not being in the drivers seat!!!! :)
can’t wait!

My buddy who ordered a nonP AWD blue with black interior early August just got a delivery date 8/31. He was in the sept/nov window.

That above chart Makes me nervous since I really was considering the nonP AWD. :/

Now I’m worried I’ll get my P3D+ just as winter start.