Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: Car to be delivered to CLT on Sept 10, scheduled pickup Sep 14.

P3D+ MSM/Black interior all boxes checked
Prior Owner
Reserved 3/31/16 online
Ordered 6/26/18
VIN 630XX

That’s interesting as I’m in North Florida, same reservation date, similar build date(7-10-2018) exact same build and I’ve not heard a peep. Just a lot of “We are not really sure sir”

Revenue is not counted until car is delivered. Oct is Q4, so I'm not sure what Tesla's plan is.
I know what you say is true in normal states. But I wonder about us in Texas. Once we have paid in full, the car is legally ours even though it may be in California still. So maybe Texas cars paid for in September are sales in the third quarter. I'm not an accountant, but this at least seems like a possibility to me.

Mine now says "Estimated delivery by Oct.'18" too... :-(

P3D+ midnight silver black interior. every option checked. San Diego

Full deposit paid on June 26'th 5pm (8 weeks, 3 days and counting) Reservation 4/1/2016 5am. So far not a peep from Tesla since I paid my deposit except to say unlimited supercharging was added to my account.... but nothing about my car.

I know what you say is true in normal states. But I wonder about us in Texas. Once we have paid in full, the car is legally ours even though it may be in California still. So maybe Texas cars paid for in September are sales in the third quarter. I'm not an accountant, but this at least seems like a possibility to me.
I think we are a special case though. Most people pay at the time of delivery.

When you collect money for something you have not yet delivered (in accrual accounting which is the standard for all publicly trade companies), you have to record a liability for the undelivered goods. Tesla is operating on an accrual basis, not a cash accounting basis. The net is that collecting your payment before they deliver you the car does not help their position on wall street.

When you collect money for something you have not yet delivered (in accrual accounting which is the standard for all publicly trade companies), you have to record a liability for the undelivered goods. Tesla is operating on an accrual basis, not a cash accounting basis. The net is that collecting your payment before they deliver you the car does not help their position on wall street.
But with Texas sales they have no liability. The sale is completed and “delivered” in California. The sale is complete and the risk of loss has passed to the purchaser. At least that was the case with my Model S. I was told that the carrier had insurance on the vehicle but it was mine.

Just called the Customer Support number, casually like I do every day...rep said, "Yes, here is your VIN sir..." WHAT?!?!?

P3D+, Obsidian Black Metallic, Black Interior

VIN - 5YJ3E1EB1JF069***

My Tesla account still has my RN so it hasn't been updated there. EXCITING!!!
Congrats!

I hate you a little

Okay...I feel a little bad for posting this, but:

P3D+, PUP, EAP, No FSD, DBM, Black
3/31/16 Reservation
8/21/18 Order (yes three days ago!)

Missed a call last night from ISA. No message left.
Received a call today from ISA.
Delivery scheduled for 9/10/18. E-mail confirmation and showing on order page.
No VIN assigned yet.
Westmont, IL delivery center (outside Chicago)

I'm speechless...

Okay...I feel a little bad for posting this, but:

P3D+, PUP, EAP, No FSD, DBM, Black
3/31/16 Reservation
8/21/18 Order (yes three days ago!)

Missed a call last night from ISA. No message left.
Received a call today from ISA.
Delivery scheduled for 9/10/18. E-mail confirmation and showing on order page.
No VIN assigned yet.
Westmont, IL delivery center (outside Chicago)

I'm speechless...
Haha, talk about an outlier to the pattern we've all been looking for! I'm picking mine up at the same place (I confirmed the delivery location a while ago over the phone, after the "prepare for your model 3" email), but still no VIN, no email, no call :(