Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots are coming in! I still don't have my VIN though. I called today and my IDA said I should get it on the paperwork ~24 hours before delivery (on 9/8). May be because I'm not financing it.

Mainly called to see about asking them to not wash the car beforehand (don't want them to add any swirl marks), and to ask about adding a trade-in, since logistically it'd be simpler. She said my contract was already submitted, so to add a trade-in would have to pull it back and reschedule delivery. No thanks, stick with how it is. There is a CarMax ~8 mins from the Fremont delivery hub, so will just take my car over there afterwards.

FWIW, my Coral Gables SC had four P3D+ with black interior today, as well as another eight Model 3's, three of which were Performance with white interior. They delivered ~14 cars today, including an XP100D two SP100D, a couple lesser S and X plus all those Model 3s.

With only two delivery bays the place was a madhouse.

Well people, I am officially leaving the group. My MCR P3D+ black interior arrived at my local sc two days ago, I have just completed payment and final inspections and I'll drive her away tomorrow. Since all this was completed only a few moments go and I just imbibed an excellent Provençal Rose, it seems imprudent to drive away tonight.
How did you know it arrived at the dealership?

I can finally say my wait is coming to an end. Got a delivery date of Friday September 14th scheduled! Originally ordered AWD on 5/20, then switched to P3D+ on June 23rd (prior to price decrease and introduction of P3D variant, which was a nice surprise!)
VIN 72xxx. I’m on mobile so I’ll have to wait until I get on a PC to update the spreadsheet.
i’m in your boat, except my del is scheduled 9/17

Reactions: ghostbusta
My delivery was scheduled for yesterday. 15 minutes before the appointment, someone scraped a corner in the delivery center with the passenger side rear door and fender of our car. 15 minutes.....

We're waiting to hear when a new car will be available. We got to sit in the wounded one -- it already had my name in the driver profile screen.

Today, the driver's door handle broke in our S. It was already scheduled to go to a body shop on Friday to repair damage from a hit and run in a parking garage. Now, when we get it back from the body shop, we get to take it to Tesla to repair the door handle.

I hope that we have our 3 in the garage before our S comes back.

Reactions: jbcarioca
So I'm back to square one.

8/28 - Received VIN and delivery date for 9/8.
8/29 - Received MVPA, singed and sent to Credit Union.
8/31 - Completed financing and was informed car was in transit to San Diego and I could pick it up 9/4.
9/3 - Called to confirm car was at delivery center. It wasn't, they pinged its location at the Port of San Diego. Rescheduled delivery to 9/5 so they had time to get it to the delivery center and prep it.
9/4 - Called IDA to confirm car was at delivery center. It wasn't, he told me they were investigating and would have more information by end of day. No call back so contacted IDA near closing and still no info but was told I'd hear from him by end of day tomorrow. I called the delivery center, they called me back to inform me the car with my VIN was on a ship to Hawaii and I shouldn't have been assigned that VIN. They are now trying to find me a new car. I received no explanation of how this could happen, they seemed confused.

I now have a loan for a VIN that isn't mine, check in hand accruing interest and no idea when I will get my car. Not sure what else to say...

So I'm back to square one.

8/28 - Received VIN and delivery date for 9/8.
8/29 - Received MVPA, singed and sent to Credit Union.
8/31 - Completed financing and was informed car was in transit to San Diego and I could pick it up 9/4.
9/3 - Called to confirm car was at delivery center. It wasn't, they pinged its location at the Port of San Diego. Rescheduled delivery to 9/5 so they had time to get it to the delivery center and prep it.
9/4 - Called IDA to confirm car was at delivery center. It wasn't, he told me they were investigating and would have more information by end of day. No call back so contacted IDA near closing and still no info but was told I'd hear from him by end of day tomorrow. I called the delivery center, they called me back to inform me the car with my VIN was on a ship to Hawaii and I shouldn't have been assigned that VIN. They are now trying to find me a new car. I received no explanation of how this could happen, they seemed confused.

I now have a loan for a VIN that isn't mine, check in hand accruing interest and no idea when I will get my car. Not sure what else to say...
As soon as I read, "Port of San Diego" I know this wasn't going to end well. There's no reason for it to be there if delivery is in SD. Sorry bud, that sucks.