Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm now dealing with the complete lack of responsiveness from the LV ISA. I received an email asking me to confirm my information, I responded in 20m, and then again 24h later to make sure the first email was received. No response at all back from the ISA. Not a good way to run a business. At least you should acknowledge you have received the email

I'm now dealing with the complete lack of responsiveness from the LV ISA. I received an email asking me to confirm my information, I responded in 20m, and then again 24h later to make sure the first email was received. No response at all back from the ISA. Not a good way to run a business. At least you should acknowledge you have received the email

I’m sorry...newb question. I know what an IDA (Inside Delivery Advisor) is...but what’s an ISA and what do they do?

I’m sorry...newb question. I know what an IDA (Inside Delivery Advisor) is...but what’s an ISA and what do they do?

I'm going by the title in the email I received from my ISA. His title is "Tesla, Inside Sales Advisor" and he identified himself as being "my point of contact for your model 3". It seems he is finalizing and submitting all of the paperwork required for my delivery. But at this point all I have seen is the one email and no additional responses :( Perhaps, the IDA are all overbooked and some ISA are now taking IDA roles to help the backlog.

Hey Guys, I went on a performance model 3 test drive and decided to upgrade from AWD to performance. The sales guy at the tesla store said he will update my account to the performance and also pass along the referral code i'm using. That was on Friday. so far nothing has changed and I didn't receive any emails yet. is this normal that it can take a while for my account to update to show that I am now waiting for the performance model? 4/6/17 reservation and 7/9/18 was my original AWD order.

Reactions: evpulse
Just called the customer service line. Still no VIN, but apparently I now have an advisor assigned. CSR said she will send my advisor a message to follow up with me. So I guess that's progress?

That sounds like progress!! I would take what CSR says with a grain of salt. CSR told me there was no update and to check back at the end of the month...but yet I was able to get a VIN from Tesla Finance who also said I should hear from an Advisor soon...which I did.

That sounds like progress!! I would take what CSR says with a grain of salt. CSR told me there was no update and to check back at the end of the month...but yet I was able to get a VIN from Tesla Finance who also said I should hear from an Advisor soon...which I did.
Seems like you can talk to 10 people at Tesla and get 10 different answers :/

Btw, I have owned two N54 cars, e92 335i and e89 Z4 35i, with 3 HPFP and 2 sets of injector replacements between them. Great cars, but not the most reliable!

It's going to happen soon CrazyCoconut! I was in the same boat, had a advisor assigned yesterday... just received the call! I'm taking delivery this Saturday!
Congrats! Did you get a VIN?

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ-3
It's going to happen soon CrazyCoconut! I was in the same boat, had a advisor assigned yesterday... just received the call! I'm taking delivery this Saturday!

Saw in your sig you got your VIN on 8/20. I'm confused... I pick up my car the same day as you, but have yet to get a VIN assigned. Mine is pretty much the same configuration as yours too. Are you picking up in Fremont or Rocklin?

Saw in your sig you got your VIN on 8/20. I'm confused... I pick up my car the same day as you, but have yet to get a VIN assigned. Mine is pretty much the same configuration as yours too. Are you picking up in Fremont or Rocklin?
Rocklin... now the rep who told me my VIN doesn't appear to have provided me the right one, when I tracked it using the shipping company it said the car was in Dallas.... once I get the final VIN on my paperwork I'll update.

Rocklin... now the rep who told me my VIN doesn't appear to have provided me the right one, when I tracked it using the shipping company it said the car was in Dallas.... once I get the final VIN on my paperwork I'll update.

Ah, I was curious. I was told I'd likely get it 24-48 hours before delivery, but it seemed odd since if the car was ready, and I could have scheduled delivery last weekend, then it should already be built and have a VIN on it. :/

Just received an email stating that we can schedule delivery as soon as 9/13/2018. Still don't know our VIN, or the final amount due to finance lol. I love it.

I've learned from reading all the posts here to hold your love until you know your sitting in your car and ready to accept. And even then ive heard some people driving home in a RWD when they were expecting a AWD because of a vin mixup

Reactions: CrazyCoconut
Is Tesla finance a different phone number than the customer service line?

I just emailed them...there is a different number I believe....although you can’t find it on the website.

Seems like you can talk to 10 people at Tesla and get 10 different answers :/

Btw, I have owned two N54 cars, e92 335i and e89 Z4 35i, with 3 HPFP and 2 sets of injector replacements between them. Great cars, but not the most reliable!

Congrats! Did you get a VIN?

My 2008 e90 was very reliable....only left me stranded once lol....when my water pump went out 2 years ago (8yrs old). Other than that I only had to pay for an oil filter gasket that started to leak. NO issues with HPFP or injectors....both were changed under warranty as part of the recall....early on in ownership. It was a great car. With stock sports suspension it was the perfect ride/fender gap, comfortable but still handled great. Only issue was that it was now 10yrs old and with winter tires the RWD was doable....but def not confidence inspiring. I’ve had turbo AWD’s before that and my winter beater is on its last legs. Wife told me my next car had to be AWD...and I wanted something faster....which brought me to the performance model 3!!

I got a good offer on it. But I’ll miss her :(. Might have been my last 6spd.

B40EEB81-4C74-4C89-A4AF-A4742010EE17.jpeg

Last edited:
My 2008 e90 was very reliable....only left me stranded once lol....when my water pump went out 2 years ago (8yrs old). Other than that I only had to pay for an oil filter gasket that started to leak. NO issues with HPFP or injectors....both were changed under warranty as part of the recall....early on in ownership. It was a great car. With stock sports suspension it was the perfect ride/fender gap, comfortable but still handled great. Only issue was that it was now 10yrs old and with winter tires the RWD was doable....but def not confidence inspiring. I’ve had turbo AWD’s before that and my winter beater is on its last legs. Wife told me my next car had to be AWD...and I wanted something faster....which brought me to the performance model 3!!

I got a good offer on it. But I’ll miss her :(. Might have been my last 6spd.

View attachment 332267
Very nice! I had a 2011 335i coupe, 6MT, space grey with coral red interior, then a 2010 Z4 35i, DCT, alpine white with coral red interior. Will probably reupholster the P3 with red leather too. You can see a patten here lol.

85E50EB2-B687-43D5-B8C4-E02188B4E91F.jpeg

Reactions: GTIceman and N54TT
Ah, I was curious. I was told I'd likely get it 24-48 hours before delivery, but it seemed odd since if the car was ready, and I could have scheduled delivery last weekend, then it should already be built and have a VIN on it. :/

Check your motor vehicle purchase agreement link in your account page. That's where I found mine before it showed up under my reservation number in the Manage page.