Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D with Performance Upgrade and Black Interior status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received email from delivery schedule advisor to arrange delivery in NJ between Sept 20 and 27. Have not received VIN yet

Reserved 9/28/17
Originally configured with AWD 6/29/18
Modified to P3D+ 7/3/18

White exterior, black interior, no EAP or FSD

@CrazyCoconut @cbutters - You guys are both gonna beat me to the punch now ; D Truck driver lowered the upper level of the transporter trailer down and crushed my car which was on the lower level. Hood, fenders, windshield, roof glass glass, etc.
Unloading the car at the SC was the last step and that went less than perfect. Reset the clock again!
That might just top my experience of them hitting a wall in the Delivery Center with our P3D+ 15 minutes before our appointment.

Good news is that another car is on a truck towards me now. Bad news is the truck has to take I-5 North, and I-5 North in Northern California is closed due to a wildfire. Still hoping for a chance at redelivery of our new VIN about 1 week after the first attempt.

So quite interesting.... I have a feeling they changed VINs on me at some point... when I got it a couple weeks ago the rep gave me a different one than the one that is now showing on my account portal. Either way... I'll let you guys know how it goes, hopefully you'll get movement soon

So quite interesting.... I have a feeling they changed VINs on me at some point... when I got it a couple weeks ago the rep gave me a different one than the one that is now showing on my account portal. Either way... I'll let you guys know how it goes, hopefully you'll get movement soon

Yes it very much seems like the days of knowing your VIN as it enters production and following it through all the way to delivery are over (at least during the model 3 ramp up) Seems like they just vaguely are pushing vehicles around and letting the delivery agents sort things out when they get on location. Gives them maximum flexibility to push out as many vehicles as possible, but it is putting a strain on customer experience I think.

In other thoughts.... Day 72 no contact since ordering for me... hope I get one of those surprise calls "It's already here! You can pick it up tomorrow!"
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen because I stake out the Tesla Center at least once a week on my lunch break and as far as I can tell they don't have my config on site currently.

You reserved 9-10hrs before me and ordered 9-10hrs before me. I just got my delivery date a few days ago. Hope you're soon. Your graphs have been really helpful in parsing out useful info from that monstrosity of a spreadsheet!

Thanks. All respect to @Troy, though -- without his huge effort setting up his forms and spreadsheet, we'd be completely in the dark, rather than 97% in the dark. His sheet is solid; there's just a LOT going on. (And I do wish he'd stop rearranging columns, but that's minor in the scheme of things.)

[...]
Wait a second... Am I the only person between 7/1 and 7/15 who doesn't have a VIN yet?

Whoops -- I apologize. I had that temporarily filtered down to only Red and forgot to loosen it up.

Back to reality:

pubchart

Last edited:
Yes it very much seems like the days of knowing your VIN as it enters production and following it through all the way to delivery are over (at least during the model 3 ramp up) Seems like they just vaguely are pushing vehicles around and letting the delivery agents sort things out when they get on location. Gives them maximum flexibility to push out as many vehicles as possible, but it is putting a strain on customer experience I think.

In other thoughts.... Day 72 no contact since ordering for me... hope I get one of those surprise calls "It's already here! You can pick it up tomorrow!"
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that isn't going to happen because I stake out the Tesla Center at least once a week on my lunch break and as far as I can tell they don't have my config on site currently.
Have you checked with phone support lately? Maybe there's movement there?

Thanks. All respect to @Troy, though -- without his huge effort setting up his forms and spreadsheet, we'd be completely in the dark, rather than 97% in the dark. His sheet is solid; there's just a LOT going on. (And I do wish he'd stop rearranging columns, but that's minor in the scheme of things.)

Whoops -- I apologize. I had that temporarily filtered down to only Red and forgot to loosen it up Back to reality:

pubchart
Thanks! Any way to add more x-axis grid lines? I can't quite tell which bar I am.

Lots of updates from my IDA today, got the VIN (from a DS, not the IDA), along with a scheduled delivery on 9/13. 4 separate people talked to me and they all noted how busy they were to try and get deliveries done as quickly as possible. I don't have high hopes of the delivery actually happening at the time they scheduled, but even if its delayed by a couple of weeks, its earlier than I expected it to happen just a week ago when I had no information on our progress.

I updated the spreadsheet with the latest info.

"frosty", @ccutrer, and I are the only (spreadsheet-listed) Red from 6/26 or before who still don't have dates; add all the colors and there's 18 of us who have no dates out of 59 orders (from before 6/26.) (@CrazyCoconut, you're down as a 7/10 order; you still have 151 wait buddies out of 263.)
You should probably leave me out of this. I had a VIN, but voluntarily deferred for financial reasons until our new home is done (which I swear is slipping by a week every week!). I’ll probably be a November delivery.

I thought I had good news today. I finally got the email today to schedule my delivery. Did so, then noticed that the delivery date in my Tesla account was different than the one I confirmed over email. I called and spoke to my delivery advisor who then told me I don't have a car and is unsure why I got an email to schedule my delivery. So it looks like I am back to waiting.

Tesla needs to get their *sugar* together. This is amateur hour stuff.

(Reserved7/9/18)
Ordered 7/12/18
P3D+ DBM EAP, added FSD yesterday and it showed up fairly quickly on their second attempt to add.
Got VIN 5 minutes ago. 072XXX

Saturday morning Fremont pickup!

Small world, got my vin for my P3D+ DBM/black int. and am picking it up this Sat morning in Fremont too, my VIN 0721xx. Our cars seem like twins, 8:45am for my appt. Updated Spreadseet 2 days ago, 6/27 order

Reactions: brandonee916
Got a call today about my registration address not matching the state of the delivery location (confusing because I am active duty). Fortunately, all got straightened out and I actually got my delivery moved up from 9/18 to 9/12 - apparently the car will be arriving in VA next Monday!

Also got my VIN and MVPA shortly after phone call 725xx :D

Another update. I got another call from Tesla. My delivery is still on. Yay! Apparently they are rerouting some cars that we're going to Canada. The cars they're rerouting were rejected by Canadian buyers who cancelled their orders due to the whole tax rebate issue. Apparently this is a new thing that Tesla started today. Not sure what to believe at this point, but this was what I was told.

Reactions: CrazyCoconut