Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 Loaner Cars! Sweet!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I enjoyed this loaner out of the San Rafael Service Center for a few days this week. In SF, I was parking diagonally into a high curb, so I spent a minute looking around on the main screen to raise the car up to very high...then I realized that it did NOT have air suspension!

Looks like the same config. I'm enjoying in MD - also loaded but missing air suspension. I read elsewhere that the factory was running low on parts so they filled out build capacity with standard suspension cars.

- - - Updated - - -

Shortly after picking up my loaner, I noticed that it was set for Range Mode. It made me wonder if that is the service center's fast and easy way to limit the cars. After taking it out of Range Mode the car is every bit a P85.

When I picked up a Pearl White P85 loaner in Fremont I was surprised that it did not appear to have active air suspension. I thought all P85s had it. It also had a low hum when I drove it over 70MPh. I went over 80, but not by a lot. I'm wondering if the software disabled adjusting the air suspension settings.

Just swapped out my p85 loaner for my car after 3 days of fun...had I known about the total "wow" factor of a P85 before I bought my 40/60, I would've splurged and spent the extra 30k-40k! Good news though..I have to bring my car back next week for the panoramic roof fix..so one more day of P85 fun :)