Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D -> P100D upgrade decision...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess I’m just stubborn. Still not interested in upgrading. Maybe when they move to the 2170 battery and do the long overdue “imminent” interior refresh, will have to think about it.

What's interesting though with this increase in range and just calling the car "Long Range," Tesla could at some point in the future move to 2170 batteries and potentially not make a formal announcement. ;)

Elon is on the record saying 2170s will not fit.

I started another thread fishing for feedback on the "adjustable suspension". Tesla has already called their air suspension adjustable which is just plain silly (or, worse yet, another Tesla stretching the truth to the point of lying) so I'm not believing anything they say about the new suspension until some owners get in them and report back. Anyone test driving one, please provide some feedback. They match my early P85D damping and I'm game for an upgrade. I'd miss my solid roof but that range would be nice and the 100L seems to pack a good bit more punch.

Reactions: Inside
What's interesting though with this increase in range and just calling the car "Long Range," Tesla could at some point in the future move to 2170 batteries and potentially not make a formal announcement. ;)

Possibly. Though they’d probably be able to increase the range a little more. Just 10% more can get them to 400 miles which is another nice psychological milestone. And they would likely play up the 250kW peak charging.

Possibly. Though they’d probably be able to increase the range a little more. Just 10% more can get them to 400 miles which is another nice psychological milestone. And they would likely play up the 250kW peak charging.

They also announced the Model 3 with less range than actually capable... Seems this is the best way to not upset people who recently bought a car...