TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

P85D - Premium interior & sound package

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Vik Patel, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Vik Patel

Vik Patel P90D

The original P85D I was going to buy apparently was damaged during a test drive @ Tesla so I'm looking at a couple others (2015) on the open market. The seller doesn't know if it has the premium interior and/or high fidelity sound package. Is there a way to tell if those options are installed?

2. murphyS85

murphyS85 Member

If it has the HiFi sound package the radio will have XM radio.

• Like x 1
  3. WestCoastP85D

WestCoastP85D Member

Is there lights on the doors? Does the trunk have auto-open, auto-close?

4. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

The upgraded sound package will display Dolby as an option as well.

Decode the VIN for more info.

5. whitex

whitex Member

What's the VIN, and what are you looking for from the premium package? Pre-April'15 the tech package included most of the stuff from the premium package. You can check whether there is a subwoofer in the trunk. XM may not be there even with premium sound if there is no pano.

6. Vik Patel

Vik Patel P90D

5YJSA1H49FF096613

I can't tell from the pictures but will ask the seller if there are lights. It does have XM so it looks like it has the sound package.

7. whitex

whitex Member

The VIN looks to be post Tech Package, but too close to call for sure. If you want to be sure, ask for the seller to send you a picture of the controls screen and look for the "Trunk" and "Ambient" buttons as in the picture shown below. Ask to be sure that the Trunk is powered (I don't know for sure whether the button still exists if the trunk is not powered. If it has both, powered trunk and ambient ligts, then it has the premium package, pre or post tech package.

8. kort677

kort677 Active Member

if the seller doesn't know how his car was equipped I be a bit wary of the history of that car