Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D - Premium interior & sound package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The original P85D I was going to buy apparently was damaged during a test drive @ Tesla so I'm looking at a couple others (2015) on the open market. The seller doesn't know if it has the premium interior and/or high fidelity sound package. Is there a way to tell if those options are installed?

What's the VIN, and what are you looking for from the premium package? Pre-April'15 the tech package included most of the stuff from the premium package. You can check whether there is a subwoofer in the trunk. XM may not be there even with premium sound if there is no pano.

The VIN looks to be post Tech Package, but too close to call for sure. If you want to be sure, ask for the seller to send you a picture of the controls screen and look for the "Trunk" and "Ambient" buttons as in the picture shown below. Ask to be sure that the Trunk is powered (I don't know for sure whether the button still exists if the trunk is not powered. If it has both, powered trunk and ambient ligts, then it has the premium package, pre or post tech package.