Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90D at the track?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't drive terribly fast myself, but I was under the impression that Teslas aren't very good in track settings. Then I ran across this video:
which shows an amateur with a P85D doing what seems (to an un-initiated person like me) a pretty decent lap at Nurburgring. I also own an MB and the fellows in a thread Why One Should Not Buy A Tesla Model S - MBWorld.org Forums on an MB forum are poopooing all over the video and the Model S's trackability in general.

Any comments? Does anyone know of cases where a driver has tracked a P90D and also some other fast car, M3, Porsche, etc?

P85D works nice on track for a short while, till power is restricted by the software. I did a few Nurburgring laps myself this fall, and the software restricts the power output a lot about 2-3 minutes into the lap and at the end of one lap it was restricted to around 200kw. The Tesla really hangs on nice in the corners and the breaks work good on the Nurburgring. On short intensive circuits, like Rudskogen in Norway, the breaks falls short and get overheated quickly, power output is also reduced really quick. On Rudskogen it lost a lot of power after about 1 minute of hard driving. The breaks faded in one lap and the break disks were all blue and overheated.

I´d love to hear experiences with the Ludi upgrade. Should probably keep power longer as the main fuse is no longer mechanical (and most likely overprotected)?