Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90DL only Peaking to 440Kw @ 98% State of Charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there is a power output issue with my P90DL. Using launch Mode the car only peaks to 440KW when its at 98% SOC, and after a bit of driving it peaked to 435 at 91% SOC on Launch mode. I have read here and seen other graphs on the forums that the P90DL with a V3 battery should be around 500KW in Ludicrous Plus Mode.

My Battery Power only Peaks to 440Kw, the car was in Ludicrous Plus Mode on this run with the battery heated, i am unable to tell the battery temp. But the Car did say it was Ready in the Ludicrous Plus Mode.

Car: 2016 P90DL Face Lift (06/2016) AP1, MCU 1
Current Software version: 2020.20.1
Battery Model: 1088790-00-A (Pic Attached) Version 3

This was measured using PowerTools for iOS

Run Start: Jul 4, 2020 at 12:11:51 PM

Run End: Jul 4, 2020 at 12:16:52 PM

Max Speed: 95 mph

Max Power: 440 KW

Capture2.JPG Capture.JPG

Do you have TM-Spy, ScanMyTesla or any other software you can use for further troubleshooting?
I'd venture a guess you're not close to 4.2V when your battery pack is at 100% SoC.

Thank you for your reply, I am a completely new to most of this, just got the car CPO from Tesla last winter.

I Upgraded to 21" Wheels with Michelin PSS and tried to get some runs in.

Am i going to have to source an android device to run ScanmyTesla. Do you know what Bluetooth OBDII connector works well with it?

Also i am not sure what you mean by 4.2V, Do i need to charge to 100% and measure something in the powertools APP.

From my limited reading on the forums some did have their batteries replaced to get this corrected but those posts are way back from 2016 not sure what tesla's policy is now.

Your average cell voltage should be around 4.2v (not 4.1v) at full charge. You'll need an OBD2 cable adapter and an OBD2 bluetooth module along with a scanning tool like ScanMyTesla to do this. This reads data directly off the CAN bus, so it may be more responsive than PowerTools.