Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PA Farmshow Complex

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going Jan. 4 to 11 ? check this out DEP's Award-Winning Exhibit Returns to the Farm Show -- HARRISBURG, Pa., Jan. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

DEP at Home is an interactive, educational home structure that features practices and products promoting energy efficiency and sustainable building materials, as well as environmentally-friendly and Pennsylvania-produced products for the home.
"This year, our exhibit has a renewed focus on alternative fuels." DEP Secretary Chris Abruzzo said. "I encourage all farm show visitors to stop by and learn how to plug in an electric vehicle, or fuel a truck that runs on compressed natural gas."

The exhibit, which made its debut at the 2012 Farm Show, now features a garage to showcase vehicles that run on alternative fuels. There are useable pumps and receptacles for compressed natural gas and electric vehicles (EV) so visitors can experience fueling an alternative fuel vehicle (AFV). The garage also boasts flooring made from recycled tires, information about proper disposal of household hazardous waste, as well as landscaping with native plants and tips on proper pest management.
DEP has partnered with Nissan North America to bring a Nissan Leaf all-electric vehicle to their Farm Show exhibit. The Leaf was manufactured at the Nissan plant in Tennessee and will sit in the "driveway" of DEP's exhibit. Farm Show visitors will be able to use the EV charger to "power" the vehicle and sit at the wheel to envision driving this innovative car.

So they'll be a charging station there for people to "experience charging an electric vehicle" and they partnered with Nissan to bring a Leaf for people to "play with charging." Sounds like fun! (not). I guess that means you can't use it....

Yeah... so I got an email back from the Farm Show Complex -- the Good news, they have "a significant number" of Camper hook-ups (assume 14-50s) --- Bad news, they charge $40.00 per day. Trying to see if I can get them to do an EV rate... or maybe I can pull my Tesla in next to that Leaf...

That's kinda funny actually. $40 to fill my last car up would have been a 50% discount. lol

I'd double check those camper hookups.

When it comes to RV’s hookups, you typically have three choices:

•120V/15Amp (NEMA 5-15 plug, standard 3-prong plug) on very small campers
•120V/30Amp (TT-30 plug) on most campers and small motorhomes
•240V/50Amp (NEMA 14-50 plug) on most fifth wheels and Class A motorhomes

Obviously you could use the 5-15s (won't fully charge your car enough though in the time frame you need it do) or the 14-50s, but if it's that TT-30 plug, the 10-30 and 14-30 adapters won't work on those.

At least that's what I know about it. I'm not the RV guru here. I looked at them recently (RV campgrounds) when I was going to take a trip and may have needed to stop at campgrounds to charge but I ended up not going so I can't confirm whether my research there is correct in terms of receptacles and our adapters. I also don't know what is more prevalent - the 30A or 50A connections...