Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PA State Inspection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would really recommend Christian Brothers Automotive in North Wales, PA. They’re a new facility but have done work on Tesla’s and everyone there is great!

Christian Brothers Automotive
565 Dekalb Pike
North Wales PA 19454
215-375-7048

I called around. NTB in Mechanicsburg were familiar with Teslas and knew lifting procedure, suggesting I bring jack adaptors, which I already have. I've taken my M3 there successfully for tire rotation and mounting/balancing new tires. There was a second M3 there when I went the second time. They are now my go to for anything tire related and inspection when that comes due.

Strangely, the NTB in Harrisburg wanted nothing to do with my Tesla.

So inspection required: Yes.

Emissions test required? No?

I live in Cumberland County which requires emissions test in conjunction with annual inspection. It makes sense that we shouldn't have to pay extra for an emissions sticker when there's nothing to test, but I wouldn't be surprised if the state required it anyway.

So inspection required: Yes.

Emissions test required? No?

I live in Cumberland County which requires emissions test in conjunction with annual inspection. It makes sense that we shouldn't have to pay extra for an emissions sticker when there's nothing to test, but I wouldn't be surprised if the state required it anyway.

Emissions test is only required on gas engines. We don’t even have a tailpipe to test!
I just had my car inspected yesterday. Safety inspection only.

Reactions: jon0351
You'll need your (temporary) registration, and I think proof of insurance.
My friend in Broomall gets his Model S inspected at KW Jackson Automotive on West Chester Pike. This is probably not far from you.
I got my M3 inspected at Curtis Automotive in West Chester; they were actually pretty thorough and he said he'd seen a few Teslas before mine (but still didn't know how to unlock it with the card lol). I'll probably go back there for more stuff. I don't expect that's convenient for you though.

I can no longer recommend NTB in Mechanicsburg. Took my M3 there for inspection. They failed it for "torn bushings on control arm." 4 weeks later, they still could not get ahold of some "part" needed to fix.

Took the M3 to SC in Lancaster who found no issue with any bushings. Said NTB incompetent or trying to scam me.

Took to Meineke. Passed inspection in 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred42
You'll need your (temporary) registration, and I think proof of insurance.
My friend in Broomall gets his Model S inspected at KW Jackson Automotive on West Chester Pike. This is probably not far from you.
I got my M3 inspected at Curtis Automotive in West Chester; they were actually pretty thorough and he said he'd seen a few Teslas before mine (but still didn't know how to unlock it with the card lol). I'll probably go back there for more stuff. I don't expect that's convenient for you though.
I just purchased my first Tesla and need it inspected near Kennett Sq, have you continued to use Curtis in WC or found a better place, since your post? Thanks!

I just purchased my first Tesla and need it inspected near Kennett Sq, have you continued to use Curtis in WC or found a better place, since your post? Thanks!
Oh I'm sure you can find places closer to Kennet!
Last year I took the opportunity to check out United Tire on Westtown Road in WC. They got the job done, I have no complaints, but intangibly something about them felt a little... gruff? IDK. I'm not saying I wouldn't go back.
We moved to Coatesville / East Fallowfield in June so the places in WC are no longer convenient. Zack's Automotive is the closest shop to my house and they have great reviews and I have an inspection appointment on Thursday. (This is closer to you probably, but I'm sure there's several places more convenient)