Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pack Performance and Launch Mode Limits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is still available on the canbus.
Even using launch mode, the max power on my p90dl is about 1% lower than before mostly due to lower max current..

I saw that too! I lost 7 kW, even with launch mode. I just thought it was normal variability or aging. I wonder if they also limited launch mode? Can you post your data here?

Power limit with latest software update: Data

The deeper this goes, the more it stinks.

Reactions: hostman
This is with the latest release. My max current used to be about 1620 amps without launch mode. Now it's down to about 1605 using launch mode. Normal aging would increase the battery's internal resistance and lower max power, not max current. Current is programmed via software.

Reactions: Tech_Guy
This is with the latest release. My max current used to be about 1620 amps without launch mode. Now it's down to about 1605 using launch mode. Normal aging would increase the battery's internal resistance and lower max power, not max current. Current is programmed via software.

Do you have a P90DL? What version battery? I'll log my max current this weekend to confirm.

Reactions: hostman
Ugh. Response from my SA:

The data that customer is using is not supported by Tesla and may not be relevant. Customer cannot rely on that data. There was no FW changes that would reduce power. The vehicle log data shows no power output difference between 12/21 and 3/6. Dyno data would have showed no power changes.​
Tell them to prove it by showing you the "vehicle log data" that they refer to.

Reactions: hostman and MP3Mike
It's nuts because I'm the one that sent them the data and a graph showing the difference. I could do statistics on it, if they want and prove the difference....
I interpreted their statement as discounting your log data, and saying that their log data didn't show a power difference. For instance because it was finer resolution and showed a power peak that your missed (possible?)

So ask them to show you their log data. At least at the service center if they don't want it to get out.