Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paid for FSD but Tesla refuses to acknowledge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It still does not matter. Full Self Driving is non-transferable. The previous owner paid for it. The new owner did not. Tesla has the legal right to remove any and all features an owner did not pay for. There have been countless of stories and posts showing this. Tesla has removed Ludacris mode from vehicles days/months after because the current owner did not pay for it.

Tesla accused of abruptly pulling self-driving from a used Model S
Tesla Remotely Removes Autopilot Features From Customer's Used Tesla Without Any Notice [Updated]
Tesla seems to be stripping software features when cars are resold

He bought it used from Tesla. Tesla sold him the car and listed Full Self Driving Capability. Tesla sold him FSD directly. This has already been resolved and Tesla fixed it for him.

your missing the point.. it was on his legal contract which shows he paid for it.

He bought it used from Tesla. Tesla sold him the car and listed Full Self Driving Capability. Tesla sold him FSD directly. This has already been resolved and Tesla fixed it for him.

I am not questing the purchase agreement, I am questioning Tesla’s ethics. Tesla is know for performing illegal actions against owners. Until the OP shows the service center has scheduled/installed HW3, I will remain skeptical.

I am not questing the purchase agreement, I am questioning Tesla’s ethics. Tesla is know for performing illegal actions against owners. Until the OP shows the service center has scheduled/installed HW3, I will remain skeptical.

No, they're known for being dysfunctional. That's very, very different than what you're accusing them of.

Hanlon's razor applies.

Seems to me that FSD capability means that the car is capable of FSD, but you have to pay for it if you want it.
seinfeld-serenity-now.gif

That's it. I'm outta here.

Seems to me that FSD capability means that the car is capable of FSD, but you have to pay for it if you want it.

No, take a look at the current Tesla website for configuring a new car. When you check the FSD box on Teslas website today, that option is called “FSD Capability”. My paid for FSD option is called FSD Capability on both my MVPA and in My Tesla.

Reactions: hcdavis3
The car itself drives with FSD capabilities. The issue is I can not upgrade to AP3.0 or MCU2.0 as Tesla is not aware of my car having FSD. Tesla admits FSD is in development and part of the cost of FSD is for future developments that they promise will be deployed to users. I simply will never receive these updates. There are already plenty of AP3.0 features that my 2017 AP2.0 car lacks. I am told FSD AP2.0 users are owed this update but they are spreading out the deployment.

I have another document from the time of purchase that I saved on my work laptop that I can post here tomorrow. It is essentially the same as the MVOA but it has prices associated with the features.

Per your Purchase Agreement, you definitely should have FSD and a free HW v3 upgrade. I also bought a used Model X directly from Tesla. It came with FSD. The rule is, if the previous owner paid for FSD when they bought the vehicle originally from Tesla, the FSD stays with the car. You're entitled to a free hardware v3 upgrade. However, for the MCU, you'll have to pay for that out of pocket. My car was just upgraded to HW v3 on 6/23, I also asked them to upgrade the MCU1 to MCU2. The MCU2 upgrade cost was $2,500 + tax came up to about $2707. If the Tesla folks are giving you the wrong info on the phone, you'll need to go into the Service Center. They do practice 'Contact-less' at the moment, but you can call them when you get there and someone can meet you outside.