Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Once again sc**wed by Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I am not a hater but just the opposite. I love my MYLR Tesla. I just don’t like being treated unfairly. First it’s was the lowering of the price (and trade in value) in Jan 2023 by a significant amount. Now it is offering FSD for the same price to upgrade to those who did not purchase EAP. I’m glad I got the free trial of FSD and I am carefully deciding whether to subscribe or not. Inn all fairness Tesla should reduce the price for those who paid extra for FSD. If not that then maybe include supercharging for life to those unfortunate souls like myself.

For some reason, Tesla owners by FAR seem to think that "what I paid has to be the absolute cheapest thing that anyone ever pays, ever". I am not sure where that much entitlement comes from but its amazing (and not in a good way).

I paid $70,500 for my Model 3P in 2018. The same car was selling a month ago with discounts for 49k not counting a tax credit. #@$@! happens, prices change.

I am not complaining about it, I am only pointing it out to show that I am not some rube who is just saying "suck it up, no one anyone was entitled to pay the lowest prices ever, when they purchased...." I am also in that same boat, and no, I dont care, because I never expected that what I paid would be the lowest prices ever sold, and no one else should either.

For some reason, Tesla owners by FAR seem to think that "what I paid has to be the absolute cheapest thing that anyone ever pays, ever". I am not sure where that much entitlement comes from but its amazing (and not in a good way).

I paid $70,500 for my Model 3P in 2018. The same car was selling a month ago with discounts for 49k not counting a tax credit. #@$@! happens, prices change.

Elon Musk has stated he is trying to get the prices down by using things like Gigapresses not like others car makers who are happy to see the prices go up every year and people still buying them.

Cars seem to be suddenly looked at as something like houses that should "keep their value" as opposed to a consumer good like a TV or a refrigerator.

Buying something and then complaining that the price dropped later doesn' make you a hater.

If you're here for sympathy, there's a lot of 2022-23 owners who might give you some. Don't expect any from me, though.

Now I am not a hater but just the opposite. I love my MYLR Tesla. I just don’t like being treated unfairly. First it’s was the lowering of the price (and trade in value) in Jan 2023 by a significant amount. Now it is offering FSD for the same price to upgrade to those who did not purchase EAP. I’m glad I got the free trial of FSD and I am carefully deciding whether to subscribe or not. Inn all fairness Tesla should reduce the price for those who paid extra for FSD. If not that then maybe include supercharging for life to those unfortunate souls like myself.
I agree with the other posters, but let me suggest a slightly different slant. It takes a bit to really understand Tesla and how it differs from other companies. I’ve had my current MS for 6 years, and been an owner for almost 9. The day after your car is built, there is likely some improvement in the same model car that is being built. They are constantly improving/changing their product. In earlier years, people were always complaining about new capabilities added that they didn’t get. And yet, what other car company adds features that you never even thought about to your vehicle regularly. And sometimes takes things away in the interest of lowering cost. A couple of examples. My S has the panoramic roof - it opens. Tesla stopped offering that (think it was sometime in 2018 or 2019). I have free unlimited SuperCharging - only been offered a few times as a demand lever. My car didn’t provide views from the side cameras when backing up, but that was added a couple of years ago. Eventually, I came to understand that owning a Tesla was unlike any other product (especially a car) that I had ever owned. Definitely Worth What Paid For. Just food for thought.

Oh and as for price. My S new was $107k. As a 100D it was equivalent to the current long range version. You can get a new and more capable version (greater range, much faster, enhanced features like auto dampening), for $15k-$20k less the last time I checked.

Last edited:
Just in case one doesn’t know, Tesla is not like Costco and does not offer price adjustments.

1000029263.jpg

Yep, substantial early adopter price gouging and a customer base that has been, up to this point, willing to participate.
I've been loosely following tesla and EVs since the model s was introduced, yet I didn't purchase my first tesla until august of last year.

I didn't feel like paying the early adopter prices and I wanted to wait for all the kinks and bugs to be worked out. Very happy with my model 3 and I even bought a model y in Feb of this year.

Last edited:
Worse own is FSD buyers who paid full price 10-15k and now Tesla offers it for 99 a month. Those owners still cant transfer to a new car...

(and dont want to hear about Tesla offered transfers...the two small windows they offered when it suited them does not count when most people cant take advantage of it).