TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Paint chipping at corners of spoiler

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by PearlyP3D, Sep 20, 2019.

1. PearlyP3D

PearlyP3D Member

I’ve noticed my paint is chipping off where the edges of the spoiler are on each side of the spoiler. It’s where the spoiler comes to a point. Has anyone else noticed paint chipping from what I assume is the spoiler slightly moving at highway speeds?

This black paint is terrible. TERRIBLE.

I’ve got 160 rock chips all over the car. Our white Model 3 which is older and higher mileage has 1.

• Informative x 1
  2. Johnii__82

Johnii__82 Member

3. Petrlol

Petrlol Member

Dude what are you washing that with a brillo pad and dawn dish soap? Swirls everywhere. I'm not convinced there is any wax anywhere.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  4. Johnii__82

Johnii__82 Member

Problem is that... i have never washed it on my own as a hand. Only professional washers & Tesla delivery.... 3-4x times since 29.3.2019.

What i have done to clean the car is only pressure washer because the paint is so bad that i could not even touch it without leaving marks. :eek:

5. Brnn

Brnn Member

What's the build date of your car Johnii?

6. Johnii__82

Johnii__82 Member

8.2.2019 vin starts: 224547

7. Brnn

Brnn Member

Thanks, does that mean February? Sorry, in the US the first number is the month (implying August) but I know the rest of the world does it the other way :)

• Like x 1
  8. Johnii__82

Johnii__82 Member

Yes february.

Got it @ 29.3.2019.

Noticed the issues 29.4.2019 and started to complain to Tesla. They denied everything... Rest is history >

Finnish Goods Inspection Finds Tesla Model 3 Paint Is Soft And Thin