Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint color discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks so much guys. I love the color, and I love the ideas that it's like no other!
I went around and around for a long time deciding the color, and then repeated the process just as long over the interior (red premium).

I got a call Monday, yesterday the 27th, that the car was being loaded on the truck for delivery. It will take a week or more to make it to Maryland, depends on how many other stops they have to make along the way.

Hopefully next week I'll be posting my own photo. Now to just finalize my selection for my custom license plate and get over to the MVA!

Thanks again!

Whoa! :eek:

bele_and_lokai_star_trek.jpg

yinyang.jpg

@VFX

(sorry for the slow reply, haven't been on this site for a few days)

Plenty of custom colors in Menlo, but most were standard. I didn't see anything particuarly exotic or bizare, just colors which were different than what is offered by Tesla.

Mine is midnight blue w/ black Tesla rims. interior is premium two-tone with blk & light grey. No electronics group -- I'll do the aftermarket thing after I experiment with different antenna configurations. I'll probably also look into carbon fiber door sills as well .... but I just resigned from work this week, so it'll have to wait until I collect a paycheck from somewhere new.

#dan.

Last edited:
Just got a note from Ted that our car is in final assembly and that it looks great (his words).

Obviously I'm being unecessarily coy about our custom color choice but I look forward to it being shown on these pages first.

Hurry before it gets shipped to LA!

Last edited:
Just got a note from Ted that our car is in final assembly and that it looks great (his words).

Obviously I'm being unecessarily coy about our custom color choice but I look forward to it being shown on these pages first.

Hurry before it gets shipped to LA!

Can't Ted or Dan or someone there take a picture and send it to you, then you post it here yourself?

I don't think the store guys are ultra-thrilled about having us show up trying to take pictures of various cars. Aside from the fact that it could be bad timing (they are in the middle of something), and they want to know if the owner really wants their car showing up on the internet already. Should we get a "permission slip" to present first?

Really, aren't the store guys willing to send you a picture? It seems like something easy they could do since they are right there and probably have a good opportunity now and then.