Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint defect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t seem to get these out. 200miles on car. Garage kept.
ek1jad9iBGL6QTuEA
Anyone seen this before?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ek1jad9iBGL6QTuEA

I was hoping it was dried wax but a clean, clay bar, and spray wax didn’t do anything to it.
I think your issue is similar to the paint issue I just had Tesla fix. I attached a photo of the spot I found on my M3 (it can be hard to see, but it's a hazy circle next to my door handle).

I was told at the SC (and read on a post on this site) that it's due to wet sand marks (not entirely sure what that means). My service rep said it was an easy fix and sure enough, it came right out. I attached a photo with the fix.

Just a heads up: I was told by Tesla that they're getting strict on paint issues and will generally only fix these issues within 100 miles after delivery. I had over 1,900 on mine when I found the issue and they still fixed it when I sent them photos (I'm sure they new it was an issue they caused, not me, when they seen the pics).

Take it to Tesla and have them fix it. If they give you push back, push right back (worked for me).

Attachments

• IMG_5373.JPG
    IMG_5373.JPG
    493.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5411.JPG
    IMG_5411.JPG
    371.5 KB · Views: 111
I think your issue is similar to the paint issue I just had Tesla fix. I attached a photo of the spot I found on my M3 (it can be hard to see, but it's a hazy circle next to my door handle).

I was told at the SC (and read on a post on this site) that it's due to wet sand marks (not entirely sure what that means). My service rep said it was an easy fix and sure enough, it came right out. I attached a photo with the fix.

Just a heads up: I was told by Tesla that they're getting strict on paint issues and will generally only fix these issues within 100 miles after delivery. I had over 1,900 on mine when I found the issue and they still fixed it when I sent them photos (I'm sure they new it was an issue they caused, not me, when they seen the pics).

Take it to Tesla and have them fix it. If they give you push back, push right back (worked for me).

@OCTrojan,

How’d they fix it? Polished/Buffed it out?

Ski