Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint defects on hood, wondering what options to fix?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After taking delivery of my Midnight Silver Metallic S P100D I noticed what looked like dents in the hood once I got her home and had a chance to stare at her from every angle. There are 2 spots on the hood that look like dents almost but are completely smooth to the touch. The problem is with the paint not the aluminum. I dropped her off at the SC yesterday but I'm nervous as to what the fix might be if there is one. I really do not want the front of the car repainted at all. The service adviser mentioned something about wet sanding but I'm not familiar with the process and had assumed that would only be for scratches and not a defect like this.

Is there any possibility of getting a new hood painted from the factory or is it likely that it would never properly match the car if that was done? Really hope something can be done to correct it that isn't worse than what it looks like now. It's very minor but I see it and it bothers me. This is not my daily driver or a lease so most of my time spent with it is just admiring it in the garage if I'm not driving it. Just want it to look perfect after all this time waiting for it.

Anyone have any similar experiences and if so what was the outcome?

If the car requires repainting you will probably be directed to a body shop. I took delivery in December and saw smudge marks that looked like rust. We were all set up to have two panels repainted by a local body shop but thankfully it turned out to just be residue from the protective film that covers the car during transport for delivery. Once the SC realized that they were able to simply buff it out. Hopefully you have similar resolution. Good luck!

• Funny
Reactions: Snerruc