Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint pealing next to plastic part above tire by the passenger door.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KelleyPL

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2023
Pasco, Washington
I notice the other day that I have some paint ‘flaking/pealing’ off next to the plastic part next to the tire. Has anyone had this happen? If so, did you go to Tesla to get it fixed?

2023 MY, Red, 19” tires.

Attachments

• IMG_8020.jpeg
    IMG_8020.jpeg
    696.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8018.jpeg
    IMG_8018.jpeg
    617.7 KB · Views: 5
You can try. Usually peeling like this is caused by lack or prep or surface contamination. It could also be rubbing of improperly installed or loose trim.

Since you appear to be within your warranty period, it's worth a shot. Schedule a visit to the SC and just be super polite and concerned.

Upvote 0
Looking right above where the paint is missing - it almost looks as if there is masking line that is a little thicker with pain. Also it looks as if someone has scratched or roughened up the plastic where the paint is missing..
Thanks a bunch for this. The scratch you see might be the place where I was thinking it was road tar and tried to get it off.

Thanks again. Time to call Tesla.

Upvote 0
I notice the other day that I have some paint ‘flaking/pealing’ off next to the plastic part next to the tire. Has anyone had this happen? If so, did you go to Tesla to get it fixed?

2023 MY, Red, 19” tires.

This car paint touch-up pen may be able to help you. Multi Red (PMMR/PPMR) fits 2023 Model Y.

Upvote 0