Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Protection Film

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If its a lease and you are not going to purchase at the end, don't bother. enjoy the car, it will get chips, but its their problem at lease end, save the money and buy yourself something else nice.

that said, i just had my car fully wrapped, but I purchased it. when done right you can't tell its on. i had mine wrapped in clearguard nano, i had xpel ultimate on my old tesla, this stuff is glossier and had much less orange peel than xpel, plus it has a ceramic coating in the film. very happy so far.

View attachment 231744
View attachment 231742
Thanks for the response and advice - I'll do that (not wrap it). Your car is stunning!

Hi, and thanks for your reply. Yes I went with the Xpel, full wrap, and it is wonderful. I picked up my S with 10 miles and went right to Appearance Solutions in Sacramento, and a really nice fellow named Mike. Model S had 45 miles on it when I got there. He had 3 Tesla's a Porsche, a vet and a McLaren, made me feel confident of his work. It took 2 weeks, oh and he also tinted all the windows, including windshield and sunroof, helps a lot with heat.

And for anyone else, when i checked out Xpel compared to 3M, I found a video on YouTube of Jay Leno getting one of his cars done with Xpel, good enough for him, good enough for me.

Thanks to everyone for the replies, drive safe and enjoy this beautiful and wonderful car, cars. S and X

Eric in pollock pines, ca

You asked in a message how much of a wrap I did -- it was the complete car (a "total wrap"). With my 31-year-old prior car I found over time that I got as many dings on the roof and other parts as on the front of the car, and I also did not want to worry about the car's finish looking patchy due to differential fading if and when I remove/replace the film in future. I'm also delighted with how it turned out. Refer to my earlier posting in this thread (#9) for a link to a Youtube video of the actual application of the Xpel wrap to my very own Model S.

Thanks for the response and advice - I'll do that (not wrap it). Your car is stunning!

Um, I think you may be a bit confused here -- that poster (Stirthepot) DID do a wrap: he just used a different product than Xpel (clearguard nano). I agree that it is stunning.

If its a lease and you are not going to purchase at the end, don't bother. enjoy the car, it will get chips, but its their problem at lease end, save the money and buy yourself something else nice.

that said, i just had my car fully wrapped, but I purchased it. when done right you can't tell its on. i had mine wrapped in clearguard nano, i had xpel ultimate on my old tesla, this stuff is glossier and had much less orange peel than xpel, plus it has a ceramic coating in the film. very happy so far.

View attachment 231744
View attachment 231742

Indeed ClearGuard Nano SR is much clearer and glossier than any film on the market. Xpel is a good film, but for us we work on cars starting at $100k and up to $4 million in which orange peel texture (which is what Xpel is heavy on especially when you are looking at the film under fluorescent lighting) is not really acceptable.

As FYI, Prestige Film Technologies (same company that manufacturers CeraLuxe and Spectra Photosync) is very selective of installer experience, so there are fewer installers than mass market product like Xpel. More information on Prestige here:

www.prestige-films.com