Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as I know they are all "soft". White is actually one of the two colour options which advertises multiple coats (Pearl White MULTICOAT and Red MULTICOAT). I'm not sure if that means the paint is thicker though (I believe it just means the colour is achieved using multiple coats to get a deeper 'look' to the colour).

Reactions: fitnessinstbob
I had a white 2020 M3SR+ for 17 months (17,000km) before trading in for a Red 2021 M3LR. I was relatively careful when driving the M3SR+ but still managed to get several chips in the bumper and two on the hood (all during road trips on the highway). First thing I did with the M3LR was had it wrapped in PPF. I'm still careful and not a chip yet, but also haven't gone on a road trip yet. Still not sure if the $5000 to have it wrapped was worth it. Probably not but I guess I'm just OCD and want to drag out this new car feeling as it's the best new car I've ever purchased.

Reactions: fitnessinstbob
I had a white 2020 M3SR+ for 17 months (17,000km) before trading in for a Red 2021 M3LR. I was relatively careful when driving the M3SR+ but still managed to get several chips in the bumper and two on the hood (all during road trips on the highway). First thing I did with the M3LR was had it wrapped in PPF. I'm still careful and not a chip yet, but also haven't gone on a road trip yet. Still not sure if the $5000 to have it wrapped was worth it. Probably not but I guess I'm just OCD and want to drag out this new car feeling as it's the best new car I've ever purchased.
I did a clear bra PPF on my car. Sure as *sugar*, there's two tiny scratches from ?? on the hood, passenger side, by the A pillar. Do it over again, I would prob do the entire front. Likely the car. So yeah, I think full PPF would be ideal.