Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Palm Springs service center delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! has anyone here taken delivery at Palm Springs Tesla service center? I am debating whether to change my delivery location to Palm springs. I originally decided on Costa Mesa because it was the highlighted one during my configuration and I didn't want to change it because I was afraid it would delay my delivery. I was wondering if it would be better to take delivery in Palm Springs since it is not as busy as the Costa mesa service center. Would it push back my delivery?

Did you have a bad experience at Costa Mesa? I have read a lot of not so happy reviews about taking delivery there.

My concern is that if I change my delivery center will it delay my delivery? how can I change my delivery center? do I call them or wait for a tesla agent to contact me?

Palm Springs is like a family friendly Tesla experience they have low volume and all the folks are nice ..Efraim is the DS and has been there since the opening ...costa mesa had bad service there years ago and have never gone back I have second home in Indian Wells so only service here even tho live in San Diego most of time ..do not go to Costa Mesa even if delays ur delivery they will not prep your car and will probably rush u ..since this is non busy season in desert with winter birds out the sc in Palm Springs is nearly empty they have onsite detail shop and ur car will be taken care of unlike Costa Mesa where u read the delivery threads they barely wash the car ..I have picked up two S and an X at Palm Springs and only service there in 4 1/2 years ..

Palm Springs is like a family friendly Tesla experience they have low volume and all the folks are nice ..Efraim is the DS and has been there since the opening ...costa mesa had bad service there years ago and have never gone back I have second home in Indian Wells so only service here even tho live in San Diego most of time ..do not go to Costa Mesa even if delays ur delivery they will not prep your car and will probably rush u ..since this is non busy season in desert with winter birds out the sc in Palm Springs is nearly empty they have onsite detail shop and ur car will be taken care of unlike Costa Mesa where u read the delivery threads they barely wash the car ..I have picked up two S and an X at Palm Springs and only service there in 4 1/2 years ..

Thank you for your advice. I will try to find a way to change my delivery location. thanks!

You don't enjoy the wonderful rock quarry blowing acidic dust on all the cars at the San Diego service center? That stuff mixed with the eucalyptus trees will destroy windows and paint.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I chose Palm Springs for my 3 delivery when given the same choice. My model S test drive was great at that location, but I have yet to hear anything about someone taking delivery of a 3 there. I'm thinking no news is probably good news.

Edit: obligatory - 4/18/16 reservation, 6/27/18 black AWD order placed, updated order 7/23/18 for white interior, currently still have the old order page(no confirmation stuff) still have the edit button, Sept-Nov estimate

If you're going to make the switch I would recommend proactively reaching out to Tesla before the IDA contacts you.

yeah.... too late! I did try but they were not answering my emails and calls. by the time my IDA contacted me it was too late. so i just accepted it at costa mesa. They rescheduled my first delivery 30 minutes before my delivery even when i called the day before making sure it was ready and they said it was. I called off from work too. but I finally got it today. minor paint issues- they buffed some of them and there was a super tiny one that they said they had to schedule to be serviced and that they would just call me. super happy with the car! but all my services will be done at the palm springs one from now on.

yeah.... too late! I did try but they were not answering my emails and calls. by the time my IDA contacted me it was too late. so i just accepted it at costa mesa. They rescheduled my first delivery 30 minutes before my delivery even when i called the day before making sure it was ready and they said it was. I called off from work too. but I finally got it today. minor paint issues- they buffed some of them and there was a super tiny one that they said they had to schedule to be serviced and that they would just call me. super happy with the car! but all my services will be done at the palm springs one from now on.

Oh wow we are only 1 day apart. My delivery is today at Costa Mesa. I kept checking phone message to see if they will cancel LOL. And yeah I took day off work today too.