Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panel Gap - Is this within spec?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took receipt of my MY today! Two questions for other MY owners:

1. Rear door panel does not appear flush with trim. Is this within spec? I do plan on raising this with Service to have them look into it. I compared it to another brand new MY parked right next to mine, and theirs looked much more flush. Is this easily adjusted by them?

2. When clicking on the open-door button, does the door pop open slightly, or do you need to press the button AND push? One of the rear doors will pop open upon pressing the button. The other rear door, you HAVE to press the button AND push out (otherwise it won't open because the latch does not feel fully released). Which behavior is "normal"? (The SA mentioned that he has to push out on his personal car).

Pics of rear door panel:
View attachment 726427View attachment 726428

Everything else seems okay so far.
Late update for those curious, I took my car to a service center a month after delivery to replace a climate control sensor that was not working, replaced front camera housing that allowed condensation build up, and a scratch on the charging door. I then asked them about my two more minor issues:
1. Panel gaps: Within spec, nothing they would do.
2. Door not popping open: They adjusted the latch, and that fixed it.