Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Panel gaps - front two doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ignorance is bliss. As I was charging my 3, I started to notice that the gap between driver front door and front fender seemed a bit on the wider side. Checked the front passenger side door and the corresponding gap seemed maybe 1/4 inch narrower. Anyone else have this issue?

Interestingly the panel gap between front and rear doors has the inverse relationship - driver side is narrower while passenger side is wider. I’m thinking service can tweak alignment to center them properly. Now that I’ve seen it, I can’t unsee it ;). Thoughts?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Yep. I saw that on a P3D AWD belonging to someone at work.

I don't recall which side (passenger vs. driver's side) had a wider vs. narrower gap, but it was apparent that the gap on was not equal on both sides of the car. The above car also had a bunch of other exterior assembly problems.

Ignorance is bliss. As I was charging my 3, I started to notice that the gap between driver front door and front fender seemed a bit on the wider side. Checked the front passenger side door and the corresponding gap seemed maybe 1/4 inch narrower. Anyone else have this issue?

Interestingly the panel gap between front and rear doors has the inverse relationship - driver side is narrower while passenger side is wider. I’m thinking service can tweak alignment to center them properly. Now that I’ve seen it, I can’t unsee it ;). Thoughts?
Same on mine. Will be addressed at service next week.

• Informative
Reactions: SoCalGuy