Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parallel Worlds - Cable Companies and EV Transition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ggies07

Nov 8, 2012
DFW
There are different challenges that the Cable companies are facing with all the different fees that are associated with distribution. Buy yeah, dinosaurs.

I 'cut-the-cable' many years ago and have never looked back. Only now are the actual content creators catching up to the fact that their programming can actually make more money if distributed without the cable 'middleman' and it is typically better content. Netflix has convinced me to give them money each month as we can always find something to watch streaming with supplementing from a laptop connected HDMI to our big screen and a Bluetooth keyboard handheld remote. We used to pay about $120 a month and now we pay about $14 and legally consume the *same* programming.

Netflix has convinced me to give them money each month as we can always find something to watch streaming with supplementing from a laptop connected HDMI to our big screen and a Bluetooth keyboard handheld remote. We used to pay about $120 a month and now we pay about $14 and legally consume the *same* programming.

^^^ This, although I only pay $9.xx / month.