Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parked Idle for 5 months. Unplugged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Sanbornsax - Can you give a few more details on how you left it? I'm assuming you turned off Sentry mode and cabin overheat protection but also didn't wake up the car by checking it via the mobile app?

People frequently ask about leaving their car at the airport for 2-3 weeks and are concerned about the state of charge when they return, so your experience is valuable to learn from.

@Sanbornsax - Can you give a few more details on how you left it? I'm assuming you turned off Sentry mode and cabin overheat protection but also didn't wake up the car by checking it via the mobile app?

People frequently ask about leaving their car at the airport for 2-3 weeks and are concerned about the state of charge when they return, so your experience is valuable to learn from.
Yes also curious about this. Planning a trip to Italy from US for 3 weeks and super worried the car will be a wreck when I come back or something damaged somehow.

When calculating idle battery drain (parking at an airport, for instance), it's important to remember that the car will sometimes use ~2% battery after driving doing whatever it needs to to before it goes to sleep. Especially if it needs to cool the battery down. Once asleep, battery drain is really minimal assuming no Sentry or Cabin Overheat. I lost 1% battery in 10 days while parked at the airport.

This was unplanned and I was stuck overseas for much longer than expected. So couldn't do much about anything even if there were issues.. If I had known I would be gone for this long, I would have made arrangement to have it driven around and charged occasionally!
=Sentry mode was off as the car was parked in apartment complex with security cameras.
=App - I resisted the temptation to check the app and only did so once.
=Tires were a bit flat PSI down to mid 30s so just drove to a nearby gas station to fill up. I haven't noticed any flat spots like issues.
=Cabin overheat on but not sure if it ever activated
=i did have some mold on the seats but this is in Hong Kong where humidity is 80-90% in the summer so somewhat expected