Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking at the Airport for a week (60D) - range loss?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I leave my car parked with Energy Savings ON, Always Connected OFF and I unplug my dash cam, the car will lose 4-5% SOC for every 24 hours it sits. If plugged in, mine will top itself off after the SOC drops to about 3 or 4% below the set point.

If I leave my car parked with Energy Savings ON, Always Connected OFF and I unplug my dash cam, the car will lose 4-5% SOC for every 24 hours it sits. If plugged in, mine will top itself off after the SOC drops to about 3 or 4% below the set point.

I am curious on how cold it was during that. That lose seems like a lot if nothing is trying to connect to the car. I see you are in Canada so I wonder if temperature is a big factor in your experience.

I am curious on how cold it was during that. That lose seems like a lot if nothing is trying to connect to the car. I see you are in Canada so I wonder if temperature is a big factor in your experience.

Exact same summer or winter. I do park in an unheated garage. When I'm home I always plug in. I have a separate meter on my car's charging circuit and have never once seen power drawn to heat the pack or anything like that. Just daily charging cycles as it sits unattended if I am away on vacation or whatever. I often drive to my daughter's place in Chicago. I see the same sort of vampire drain as it sits whether in the summer or, for instance, when I was there over Christmas.

I thought it was high too, but Tesla claims to have run every test in the book, checked every log and said the battery and car are performing perfectly.