Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Break Degraded, Window Won't Go Up, Trunk Won't Close

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 Model 3 Long Range 11k miles
I got in car, tried to put in drive and simultaneously trunk popped open (and won't latch closed), passenger window went down an inch (and won't close) and parking break re-engaged. The only error I'm getting is "Parking brake functions degraded/Parking brake may not apply or release."
This happened before and after a day of sitting, I was able to drive it for service. The replaced 12V battery. About 5 days later, same set of issues and now car won't shift out of park.
Before I have it towed for service, any ideas on how to get it to drive? Anyone else had this odd combination of failures?
First service appointment is 2/11, so I need to tow it in anyway so they'll take it in sooner.

Just to get it to the service center..... have you tried a reboot? That is the only thing that comes to mind.
I was able to successfully reboot last time and get it to the service center myself. So far, have tried a few reboots and it won't clear this time.
Would really like to get it going because car is parked head in to a tight, sloped driveway which will make a tow very difficult.

I see you said slope driveway..... If its sloped in your favor then put it in tow mode and roll it to a better spot. If its not sloped in your favor then 3 or 4 strong friends and tow mode might do the trick.

And I just watched this video so beware! I would make sure you know everything about towing a M3 before the tow truck arrives.