Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Parking Sensors Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2022 Model Y. My front parking sensors stopped working about 6 weeks ago. I took it to the Tesla Service Center and they said I have to wait for a software update as they were temporarily deactivated. Has anyone else heard of this?

2023's don't come with parking sensors and Tesla plans on replacing the functionality with camera technology. Why the hell they would remove them before they have the software replacement is beyond me. The fact that you say they disabled the sensors you have in the car is bizarre. Did that happen with the latest software release?

they haven't disabled the sensors in my vehicle and I am on the latest FSDb release with the holiday updates. I haven't seen the auto park icon come up in a while though when backing into parking spots.

This OP already had a thread they created on this exact thing in november. Rather than posting an update in the thread they created, they created another one with the same info in it. I doubt anything has changed, so this is basically a duplicate thread at this point.

Everyone was notified and had to acknowledge this before proceeding with the order:
1673209695588.png

Just received mine - have to say it makes a modern car feel like it's in the 1980s still, can't recall when I had a car without any proper tech. My wife has a five year old Nissan leaf that has 360 cameras, USS, cameras etc

I know the Tesla lacks 360 cameras permanently, but completely parking old skool at the moment and no real date from Tesla as to when we get back to basic parking features....!

Fingers crossed it's not too long, but no one seems to be holding their breath...

I have a 2022 Model Y. My front parking sensors stopped working about 6 weeks ago. I took it to the Tesla Service Center and they said I have to wait for a software update as they were temporarily deactivated. Has anyone else heard of this?
@tguy888 Yes this happened to me too & around same time as your sensors stopped working. My Front ultrasonic sensors began displaying again after my car got 2022.44.30 last week.

I bought my Model Y Performance in August 2022. The front sensors (the ones that show the parking distance when I get close to the wall in my garage) worked fine for a few months, but then they stopped working. Tesla is telling me that this has happened in some Y's and Tesla is working on a firmware update. Frustrating to have a new car, and Tesla cannot figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.