Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Part Numbers for OEM Wireless Phone Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just closing the loop on this older thread. I finally received the adapter to allow me to complete the installation, so for those early adopters here that didn’t wait for the complete package in the nice box you can get the part.

Anyone have an issue with their iPhone fitting in this new wireless charger with a standard thick case? (Not Otterbox but dual layer case)? Tesla.com store returns is subject to 15% restocking so prefer not to take a chance. I have an iPhone XS Max with an Incipio DualPro case. Thanks for any insight.

No issue with fitment, but not using a case.
My issue is the phone only charges for like 10 seconds...then stops charging. If I take phone out, use it, pop it back on, charges for 10 seconds again then no more charging, the indicator just changes and it stops charging. Anyone else have this issue? Trying someone else’s phone tomorrow.

Anyone have an issue with their iPhone fitting in this new wireless charger with a standard thick case? (Not Otterbox but dual layer case)? Tesla.com store returns is subject to 15% restocking so prefer not to take a chance. I have an iPhone XS Max with an Incipio DualPro case. Thanks for any insight.
I did receive this comment below on my YouTube channel for the video I posted (see post #44 in this thread) about a specific case. Unclear whether it was a fitment issue or a charging issue. I did respond to the comment asking for clarification, but have not have received a reply.

064882F4-46FD-4A14-8440-76064BC80893.jpeg

Reactions: sharkcom
No issue with fitment, but not using a case.
My issue is the phone only charges for like 10 seconds...then stops charging. If I take phone out, use it, pop it back on, charges for 10 seconds again then no more charging, the indicator just changes and it stops charging. Anyone else have this issue? Trying someone else’s phone tomorrow.
What model phone are you using? I have seen this with iPhones if the wireless coil of the charger is not centered on the back of the iPhone.