TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

PARZ Self Install

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by AHJ, Dec 28, 2013.

1. AHJ

AHJ New Member

Just finished self installing the rear seat PARZ cupholders. Was pretty easy to do, but they should label which side is the Pax and which the Driver. Got them wrong at first. I think they look great and are much better than Tesla's rear seat cup holders.
    AJ
    Pictures:

Attached Files:

2. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

again, no cinchers ("holders" or whatever you call them). that means drinks go flying into the center console screen if you have to slam on your brakes. I wouldn't be putting any cups in these...

3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Well done. Can you better describe your experience with mods and maybe summarize what must be done so I, and others, can better judge whether it would be a DIY project for our particular individual skill levels?

4. lloyds

lloyds Member

Please put in pincher clips like Audis. I believe they are spring loaded so just about any cup would fit in there and would hold it in place.

5. tenstringer009

Also curious about the comfort level given that these after-market armrests are higher than OEM. The OEM ones seem to be at just the right height, so I'd be hesitant to put these on as it looks like it raises the armrest ~1-1.5in.

6. Jwarrenphd

Jwarrenphd Member

I, too, am interested if these cup holders impact arm rest comfort. TIA.

7. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

it's probably fine if you're a Sasquatch. otherwise it's several inches higher than the comfort zone.