Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger Mirror Motor/Mount for Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have the part number for the passenger side mirror motor?

It looks a bit like this (this is the driver side for a Model S). The motor actually works fine, but the plate where the mirrors clips on is cracked. The attachment is a bit flimsy so its probably best to get a replacement.

upload_2020-9-26_22-23-53.png

Anyone know the part number? Maybe the motor the plate itself have different part numbers?

Does anyone have the part number for the passenger side mirror motor?

It looks a bit like this (this is the driver side for a Model S). The motor actually works fine, but the plate where the mirrors clips on is cracked. The attachment is a bit flimsy so its probably best to get a replacement.

View attachment 592703

Anyone know the part number? Maybe the motor the plate itself have different part numbers?
Based on my experience with the identical situation (but on the driver side), you cannot purchase just that thin silver plate that the mirror rests on. It is sold only as the entire mirror assembly when bought new from Tesla. It is easy to remove the mirror from the plate (3 screws) to see if you can somehow repair the plate. The only piece sold separate from the entire mirror assembly is the “skullcap” covering the top of the mirror unit.

Success. Found the part. Looks like its the same part for a lot of the GM trucks out there.

22936929 Actuator Side View Mirror LH Motor 2018-19 Equinox Terrain 16-18 Camaro

The left and right side are the same. Good luck for other folks that may run into this issue in the future.
Congratulations! I misunderstood what part you were looking for. I incorrectly thought you were talking about the flat silver tray that the whole mirror assembly connects to, connecting the mirror assembly to the car. I’d love to find one of those (driver side) so that I can use it with my original mirror the next time I knock the whole assembly off again.

I had the same problem. The driver-side mirror actuator in my 2012 Model S stopped working reliably. I’d reverse the car and the mirror would auto-adjust to the reversing position so I could see the ground behind the car to back up safely, and then when I started driving forward I’d notice that the mirror was still tilted down showing the ground by the back of the car. I ordered the Side View Mirror Actuator Motor 2018-19 Equinox Terrain 16-18 Camaro mentioned in this thread. It was a ten-minute job to install it:
  1. Pop off the mirror by giving it a careful tug.
  2. Remove the three torx screws holding the actuator.
  3. Unplug cable.
  4. Connect cable to new mirror actuator.
  5. Reinstall three torx screws.
  6. Gently push mirror back on until it clicks into place.
So far it appears to be working fine.