Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paying with a check for pickup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was approved thru Navy Fed and they sent me a blank check for no more than 61K. After trade in we should be around 63K. We will put down a deposit and be under the 61K. The Navy Fed info said for the dealer is to call their 800 number for a code before depositing the check. Anyone go thru this process? Also the deposit can it be paid with a CC? We have a delivery date of Feb 18th, this upcoming Friday!! Thanks all, See you at the supercharger!

I was approved thru Navy Fed and they sent me a blank check for no more than 61K. After trade in we should be around 63K. We will put down a deposit and be under the 61K. The Navy Fed info said for the dealer is to call their 800 number for a code before depositing the check. Anyone go thru this process? Also the deposit can it be paid with a CC? We have a delivery date of Feb 18th, this upcoming Friday!! Thanks all, See you at the supercharger!

Yes, Tesla is very familiar with navy federal specifically. I have two teslas, a model 3 we got in 2018 and a model y we got in 2022, and both of them have loans from navy fed that have that bank check we took to tesla. On both of them we put down payments that were actually more than the bank check, so we took a cashiers check for our down payment and the Navy fed bank check.

You will want to tell tesla (before pickup) what you intend to put down, and how much you are financing with navy fed. Dont fill the bank check out till you are there picking up the car (dont pre fill out the vin, etc). fill it out while you are there.

Tesla was familiar with the navy fed bank check in 2018 and very familiar with it in 2022 so you should have no issue.

Yes, Tesla is very familiar with navy federal specifically. I have two teslas, a model 3 we got in 2018 and a model y we got in 2022, and both of them have loans from navy fed that have that bank check we took to tesla. On both of them we put down payments that were actually more than the bank check, so we took a cashiers check for our down payment and the Navy fed bank check.

You will want to tell tesla (before pickup) what you intend to put down, and how much you are financing with navy fed. Dont fill the bank check out till you are there picking up the car (dont pre fill out the vin, etc). fill it out while you are there.

Tesla was familiar with the navy fed bank check in 2018 and very familiar with it in 2022 so you should have no issue.
Great!! thank you. So the money for the deposit should be in a bank check? I was going to "swipe the card" That is the same situation we have to roll over 3K from the trade in which puts us over. It is a little depressing but it is what it is. Thank you

Great!! thank you. So the money for the deposit should be in a bank check? I was going to "swipe the card" That is the same situation we have to roll over 3K from the trade in which puts us over. It is a little depressing but it is what it is. Thank you
The bank check is what the check from navy federal for your loan is called. I paid my down payment with a cashiers check from Navy Fed. So, I had a cashiers check from navy fed, and that bank check (the blank one with a "not to exceed" amount on it and the spot for the vin).

Most ATM cards have limits on them, and I dont know if tesla is equipped to swipe any card for a down payment.

You are paying 63k for a M3?!
The model 3 performance was 54,900, with silver metallic, destination fee, tax, title ect works out to a grand total of 60K ish. We are upside down for our K5 by 3 k or so. We wanted the AWD model the LR wasn't available when we ordered. We do qualify for the 7500 tax credit and got a pretty decent rate from Navy fed. I figure with the gas savings it works out to about 250-300 more a month than we are paying now.

The bank check is what the check from navy federal for your loan is called. I paid my down payment with a cashiers check from Navy Fed. So, I had a cashiers check from navy fed, and that bank check (the blank one with a "not to exceed" amount on it and the spot for the vin).

Most ATM cards have limits on them, and I dont know if tesla is equipped to swipe any card for a down payment.
I would love to swipe the CC for the points and then just pay it off.