Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Payment through Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of now the app does not seem to allow any other method than Plaid for the payment

At the time I picked up my MYLR (June 2023) it was possible. Recently I read elsewhere that the way to get around it is start the process in the app with Plaid and then search for a bank name that doesn't exist (or is known to not work with Plaid), and then the interface will offer a way to enter bank information manually instead of using Plaid.

As of now the app does not seem to allow any other method than Plaid for the payment
In July I was absolutely unable to find any method other than Plaid on the app.

However, I did have zero trouble with a cashier's check in the amount made out to Tesla Inc.
At the time I picked up my MYLR (June 2023) it was possible. Recently I read elsewhere that the way to get around it is start the process in the app with Plaid and then search for a bank name that doesn't exist (or is known to not work with Plaid), and then the interface will offer a way to enter bank information manually instead of using Plaid.

Oh, that's smart--it sounds like it could work.