Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pearl White multi coat touch up paint.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made a small mark on the rear bumper taking the stroller in and out of the trunk. Bumper plastic seems to be black so there is now a pea sized black mark on the bumper. The black is quite noticeable against the white background ...

Does anyone know if the multi-coat pearl white touchup paint is available? I assume this is an easy enough fix ?

Bought from Dr Colorchip for my pearl 3 and also touch up for my black S. But for our pearl 3, they state that the pearl is a three step paint and require acknowledgement that their kit will not provide that level of match. It’s the only paint color with that statement. So I guess our 3’s are special, but in this case not in a good way. I haven’t used the kits yet but believe both are two step and I think others have posted here that the Tesla kits are made by Dr Colorchip, with a higher price from Tesla — but I don’t know if that is true.

Last edited:
Bought from Dr Colorchip for my pearl 3 and also touch up for my black S. But for our pearl S, they state that the pearl is a three step paint and require acknowledgement that their kit will not provide that level of match. It’s the only paint color with that statement. So I guess our 3’s are special, but in this case not in a good way.
This is why I was leaning towards silver over white, even though white looks more betta. I bought the Dr Colorchip too but haven't used it yet.

I had similar sized damage on my front fender. It only cast a little more than $1k to get it fixed at the body shop... but it’s back to perfect.

I know this is old, but I just thought I would comment, its not back to perfect, its not even close, it probably doesn't even match that well, body shops blend it out to do the best they can and I don't know about Tesla paint, but its probably not anywhere near as good as a factory finish. That's essentially quoting my friend that owned a body shop for many many years.

We have a few rock chips in our Pearl White front bumper. My solution is to get lots of bug splats on the bumper, and then the chips just look like dead bugs.

Seriously, though, I bought a touchup kit from automotivetouchup.com. I haven’t mustered the nerve to actually try it yet...