Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pearl white touch up paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What kits are you guys getting that's available in Canada? Decent match?
Pearl is extremely difficult to match. I bought a kit from www.chipfixx.ca the owners were great about getting it out ASAP as I had 2 small stone chips I wanted to fill before ceramic coating. If you look from a distance it's ok, but up close you can tell....may also be my inexperience at applying it.

But you want one like the product they have which has a leveling chemical to smooth out the added paint and blend....but from what I've read pearl will almost never fully match. There is a reason why they won't re paint a single panel with pearl/Mukti coat paint...they always have to blend to the adjacent panels to keep the flake looking more or less consistent.

• Informative
Reactions: Gabbleratchet7
Thanks for the reply. Would you happen to know if chipfixx is similar to dr color chip in the sense that it's just a base white they provide in the touch up? I'm tempted to just get the bumper repainted. Even from the factory, I've noticed the pearl white isn't a perfect match to the body which I'm assuming b/c of the different materials.

Thanks for the reply. Would you happen to know if chipfixx is similar to dr color chip in the sense that it's just a base white they provide in the touch up? I'm tempted to just get the bumper repainted. Even from the factory, I've noticed the pearl white isn't a perfect match to the body which I'm assuming b/c of the different materials.
There is pearl in the chipfix stuff. But because it isn't applied in layers like a true multi coat it will look different from some angles.

Repainting only the bumper probably won't be enough if you wanted to get it to blend. They will have to blend into the adjacent panels, so you're probably looking at 1500-2000 if you are paying out of pocket.