Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Pedestrian Horn -- Introducing EV-Horn!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EV-CPO

Global Vendor
Jan 3, 2018
https://ev-cpo.com
EDIT: NOW ON CLOSEOUT SALE for $99! Only three units left.

See: EV-Horn Pedestrian Horn

Hi folks,

I've made several posts talking about my plans to make an easy to use and install Pedestrian Horn for any Tesla or really any EV. Well, it's finished!

It's a self contained audio effects generator with 8 separate channels (i.e. 8 sound effects) triggered by a 433mHz remote. Installation doesn't require any splicing, wiring, or soldering (unless you choose the hardwired option). Installing into a Model S or X frunk should take about 15 minutes (install photos and video coming soon!). The entire unit is easily and totally removable if/when needed. You can even program your Homelink buttons to trigger any of the sounds.

Prices (including shipping within the U.S.) are:
  • $160 $109 complete assembled kit, ready to install
  • $120 PCB+Parts kit -- you assemble it No longer available
  • $55 $40 PCB only. You supply all the parts and assembly
For outside U.S. shipping costs, please contact me at: [email protected] and we can make custom arrangements.

NOTE: I know the idea of a 'pedestrian horn' is controversial. This thread is to discuss this product and not to argue if such a device is good/bad/needed/not needed. Please take those discussions elsewhere. This thread is for people who are interested in adding such a device to their car.

All the details and how to order are here: EV-Horn Pedestrian Horn

This device can also be used anywhere you need a remote sound generator for sound effects or Cosplay/wearables, props, toys, games, Halloween, etc. There are endless uses and only requires a 5v Micro-USB power source.

Here are some photos:
Prod1Small.jpeg

Prod2Small.jpeg

And a demo video:

Last edited:
Just got mine in the mail today.
This is a terrific realization of an excellent idea.
Clever, elegant unit. Easy to following instructions.
Amazing customer service too! Thanks EV-CPO
Time to order one for home/work too. FUN!

Reactions: EV-CPO
Just got mine in the mail today.
This is a terrific realization of an excellent idea.
Clever, elegant unit. Easy to following instructions.
Amazing customer service too! Thanks EV-CPO
Time to order one for home/work too. FUN!

Thanks for the feedback!

It's really be fun to put this together.

I'll also add the "bicycle spoke cards" sound as well.

I tried to find and add "bicycle spoke cards" but nothing I did really "sounded" great. But I'm open to any other ideas for sounds to add to the library.

Also a little hint -- I have another little project in the works... but not for sounds. When all the parts arrive, I'll announce it. :)

Reactions: Paul Carter
I'm trying to clear out some parts from my shop, and I have enough parts left for three more EV-HORN units! I've reduced the price to just $99 (plus $10 shipping). More sounds are posted on the site below, and you can request any of them (or any custom sound) for your horn. You can also upload your own sounds after the fact if you want.

See all the details and how to order here: EV-Horn Pedestrian Horn

Reactions: MMC-
what would your recommendation be on an upgrade speaker

Really any Bluetooth speaker with an AUX-IN would work well. Blutetooth isn't used, but they make nice compact, self-powered speakers with a built-in battery and powered by USB (usually Micro-USB).

Monoprice used to sell a larger speaker to the one that ships with the EV-horn kit that I've tested out and it quite a bit louder. That unit is now replaced with a similar unit, but much more expensive. You can find that here:

Monoprice Deep Blue Sub710 Submersible Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker IPX7 - Monoprice.com

I've also had good luck with a Chinese made BT speaker model "C-65" for about $15, here is one example:

https://www.gearbest.com/speakers/pp_288781.html

Just search for "C-65 Bluetooth speaker" to find them onsale in lots of places, including ebay and Aliexpress.

Here's a different one I just randomly found for $22 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Bluetooth-Waterproof-Speakers-Wireless/dp/B07QBKSCZ7