TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Peninsula Clean Energy CCE (San Mateo County)

Discussion in 'California' started by mblakele, Jul 21, 2016.

1. mblakele

mblakele radial cross member

2. mblakele

mblakele radial cross member

Some details from the positive enrollment signup page:

You hereby acknowledge and agree that you are positively enrolling your electricity account(s) in Peninsula Clean Energy and, in doing so, affirmatively waive your right to the four (4) enrollment notices prescribed by law. You further acknowledge and agree that if you opt out of Peninsula Clean Energy and return to PG&E electric generation service any time after you are positively enrolled, your electricity account(s) will be subject to PG&E’s transitional rates based on energy market prices and other terms and conditions of service.
    I'm not sure what those "transitional rates" would look like. Anyone know what that means?

There's also an interesting bit about solar:

Residents with solar panels can sell their excess energy back to Peninsula Clean Energy. PCE can offer property owners fair market rates for their excess energy production. Its likely that PCEs buy-back rates may be slightly more advantageous to the solar panel owner than PG&Es rates have been in the past. Existing CCEs have thus far been able to offer better Net Metering rates for customers who generate surplus electricity. Such customers within San Mateo County will be automatically enrolled into Peninsula Clean Energy’s Net Metering Program.

However I've also read that CCA/CCE programs may run into regulatory headwinds. Is that FUD, or a real risk?

3. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

I tried early enrollment a last month, but the website didn't seem to allow me. So I called and they said I was already in the first group and can't early-enroll.

I'm on PG&E E1 and EV-B, and I noticed my EV-B rate is about 1-cent more (11-ish vs 10-ish cents/kWh) than I had remembered it, but I can't find the old schedule. The current schedule on their website says it is effective August 1.

• Informative x 1
  4. miimura

miimura Active Member

Historical rates are available on the PG&E site below in XLS format - Residential followed by Residential TOU back 15 years:
    Pacific Gas & Electric - Tariffs

5. ApauloThirteen

Hi,
    In Belmont. Received snail mail letter that we're automatically enrolled in Penin Clean Energy ECOplus (at least 50% renewable) as of Oct 2016. So we'll see. They also have eco100 which is 100% renewable. They say the switch will 'cost less than what you pay for PG&E.' I'll gander at the Oct bill and report back. Thanks.