Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

People are so confused with the door handles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never thought about this until I owned a Tesla, but the door handle design on the M3 and MY is just horrible. I have so many scratches on and around the handle from people trying on multiple attempts to figure it out. Anytime someone gets in my car for the first time, they have no idea how to open the door.

Is there any reliable aftermarket solution that helps "assist" with the handles? It would be nice if there is an aftermarket option to make the handles operate similar to the Model S or Model X.

I never thought about this until I owned a Tesla, but the door handle design on the M3 and MY is just horrible. I have so many scratches on and around the handle from people trying on multiple attempts to figure it out. Anytime someone gets in my car for the first time, they have no idea how to open the door.

Is there any reliable aftermarket solution that helps "assist" with the handles? It would be nice if there is an aftermarket option to make the handles operate similar to the Model S or Model X.

HansShow makes an illuminated auto presenting handle for the 3 & Y but the video I found on youtube about showed it had issues. When I had my X, no one could ever figure those out either. I had to tell them to push hard on the pointy end. I like the S handles the most because you can easily use either hand.

HansShow makes an illuminated auto presenting handle for the 3 & Y but the video I found on youtube about showed it had issues. When I had my X, no one could ever figure those out either. I had to tell them to push hard on the pointy end. I like the S handles the most because you can easily use either hand.
I agree that while the 3/Y handles are not intuitive, the X handles are worse. But at least with the X you can open any door from the MCU. Not so on the 3/Y.

And even when you do figure out the 3/Y, they feel really flimsy. I feel like they just need to be much bigger.