Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

performance and non-prof ratio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
millions of RWD and FWD are completely fine in Europe every year. The secret is that we use something called winter tires when it gets below 8 degrees outside.

I thought you were in Oz? Any snow in Oz? (Hence my joke ;) I know the conditions in Europe, similar to Canada. However, as someone who has to drive in steep, icy hills to get to his cottage all winter, all 2WD cars, even RWD have issues in icy conditions. I agree in flat environments 2WD can be fine, but there are cases where AWD is required if you want to reach remote places in hilly geography during winter.

Reactions: holmgang
Here's the Model 3 breakdown according to TeslaFi's fleet:

Performance...............1480 .....18%
Long Range DM..........4181 ......50%
Long Range.................1254......15%
Mid Range...................1135.......14%
Standard Range Plus...174........2%
Standard Range...........87..........1%
Total.............................8311.......100%

The ratio is 2.8:1 for LRD to Perf

FWIW, it's the exact same 2.8 ratio for Model Y (355 LRD to 125 Perf)
What is the time period for these numbers? I thought they sold many more

I thought you were in Oz? Any snow in Oz? (Hence my joke ;) I know the conditions in Europe, similar to Canada. However, as someone who has to drive in steep, icy hills to get to his cottage all winter, all 2WD cars, even RWD have issues in icy conditions. I agree in flat environments 2WD can be fine, but there are cases where AWD is required if you want to reach remote places in hilly geography during winter.

Im currently in Aus but I am from Germany.
Aus is way too warm, everyone is on summer tires here but they have special regulations that if you want to drive into the mountains you need to mount winter tires in winter and have snowchains with you. Same as europe essentially.
The odd one out is the uk where winter tires arent compulsary. But tbh, I lived there for 10 years and particularly in the south it is warm enough that you dont even need a jacket.