Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance no PUP no price drop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pre-ordered back in 3/15/19, still not sign of MYP+20" wheel. I thought it's a good thing for people who have patience to wait to get the $3k (actually ~2k for MYP.) However, local showroom told me the new price is only available for current configuration (MYP+PUP.) He even showed me on his computer an MYP+PUP in inventory MSRP is cheaper than MYP+19". Well, I visited a different showroom earlier, told me that the $3k price will be honored at delivery no matter.

Very confused by these people. Anyone taking a MYP w/o PUP and getting the reduced price? Just want to see if this is, again, different showrooms trying to get some commissions...

There is no $3,000 price drop for any version of the Performance Y. The LR AWD Y dropped $3k, and the Performance with PUP dropped $1k. So if you want to save the $1k, you have to accept the PUP. I don't want the 21" Uberturbine wheels or lower ride height, and really do want the 20" Inductions and increased acceleration. So I'll be keeping my Stealth order, even though it is more expensive than a Performance Y with the PUP.

You won't be getting any discount not already reflected in your Tesla account. So decide if the stealth performance is worth the extra money it will end up costing you over a fully kitted performance Y with performance upgrade package.

Last edited:
After I look closer on my order and the new price of a new build, I found they include destination charges of 1k+ in my order price (why is that 1k+ given I live in bay area, that I can just go to the factory to pick up?) So ZenMan is right that new price is only 1k less. Getting tires swapped out will be way more than 1k and you can't get rid of lower ride height so I'll keep waiting.