Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance options - All or Nothing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. New to the Forum. Hope this is not a dupe. I could not find it. I ordered my Y Perf in Sept. The recent change to the Perf option, where the wheels/brakes/tires/pedals/top speed is a free option to the Perf option package is quite confusing. I assume the drop in range from 315 to 280 is a result of the 21" wheels (none of the other bits seem capable of that impact).

Question: Based on that, does anyone know, when we finally get our individual configurators, if we can select the other performance bits w/o the 21" wheels (and avoid that huge range penalty.) If it's all or nothing, given the range penalty, I would skip Perf all together (which I may do anyway).

I stopped by the local Tesla store. No one there seems to know. Also, unable to find out elsewhere. Thanks.

^Carl.

Hi. New to the Forum. Hope this is not a dupe. I could not find it. I ordered my Y Perf in Sept. The recent change to the Perf option, where the wheels/brakes/tires/pedals/top speed is a free option to the Perf option package is quite confusing. I assume the drop in range from 315 to 280 is a result of the 21" wheels (none of the other bits seem capable of that impact).

Question: Based on that, does anyone know, when we finally get our individual configurators, if we can select the other performance bits w/o the 21" wheels (and avoid that huge range penalty.) If it's all or nothing, given the range penalty, I would skip Perf all together (which I may do anyway).

I stopped by the local Tesla store. No one there seems to know. Also, unable to find out elsewhere. Thanks.

^Carl.

You can change your configuration right now if you go to “Manage Reservation” in your account and then select “Edit Design”. Then you can choose un-check the Performance upgrade package and save the configuration to update your order.

Thanks. Let me clarify. I'm aware I can alter the order, however, there appears to be no way to parse the Performance Option. It allows taking all the Performance options or none. (brakes, wheels/tires, pedals, lower suspension). I guess I can take the wheels then change them out. Just curious. No one seems to know. thx.

For the sake of efficiency Tesla keeps the number of individual deliverable options to a minimum. I would be shocked if they offered check boxes for the individual parts of the performance hardware. As others have mentioned a lot of people opt for the hardware then swap out the wheels.

There should be a market for the 21s either for people looking to add them, or people who bend one.

I’d ask if you can do a la carte hen you’re contacted to finalize your build.

Personally I’m in the nothing camp as I only want the power and don’t want the extras which are now a freebie when you tick the box. The speed increase is most likely just a software unlock.