Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance range difference Raven/pre-Raven on 22"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering a pre-raven and raven performance model X and noticed a significant difference between the 2 models.
Performance Pre-Raven 22" 289 Miles, Performance Raven 22" 270 miles. Why such a difference considering Raven should give better range?

Thanks

The Raven Performance cars are the very first time Tesla has listed a separate EPA range for 21” wheels (Model S) and 22” wheels (Model X). Prior to Raven, Tesla just described a 10-15% range loss for the larger wheels (or not mentioned it at all) without providing an actual EPA number.

So pre-Raven Model X Performance is 289 miles range with the 20” wheels or about 245-260 miles range with the 22” wheels.

If you play around with the configurator you’ll see that Model S and X non-Performance show the same EPA range regardless of wheel selection, similar to how it was before. Doesn’t mean that non-Performance cars don’t lose any range with the 22” wheels (because physics). It just means Tesla decided to call it out on the performance cars for some reason.

Tesla is making it very confusing. A configured 20" Performance shows 305 miles, and performance 22" shows 305. That cannot be true, misleading is more like it.

When you select 22" wheels, the configurator drops the range from 305 to 270. Also, I don't believe other car makers make mpg adjustments for different wheel choices, so Tesla is just being honest.

Reactions: kqnjml
Tesla is making it very confusing. A configured 20" Performance shows 305 miles, and performance 22" shows 305. That cannot be true, misleading is more like it.

Now sure where you’re looking, but this is what I’m seeing right now:

20” wheels - 305 miles
4AD6AE82-E4BD-414C-8E63-C6DFF9537108.jpeg

22” wheels - 270 miles
BB42D4E2-EE34-426E-A366-29528C7F2306.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: P85_DA
289 is with 20" wheels. You should compare it to 305 not 270. I can confirm that our new Raven Performance Model X is noticeably more efficient than our old P100D.

What’s the real world difference ? My X P100 on 22s the way I drive ~75 I’m probably good for 220 miles at 90% ....I wanted to trade too but other than new hardware the range didn’t seem that much more

Reactions: kqnjml